Research Lab Tech II
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Lab Tech II performs and interprets routine and highly complex experiments.
- Performs a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- May assist in the training of others
- Provides input to improve current procedures, protocols, and/or methods
- Writes standard operating procedures, schedules work, orders supplies, and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies, reagents, etc.
- Prepares laboratory reagents, buffers, and media
- Records results, organizes data and performs computations
- Performs duties independently; requiring action and judgment to solve commonly encountered problems
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science or equivalent experience
- 1 year of related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionucleotides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.Additional Information
Lab information https://www.umassmed.edu/Wolfe-Lab/
Laboratory uses Zinc finger proteins and CRISPR/Cas9 tools for the development of gene therapy reagents and genome editing tools in model organisms.
Experience Desired (not required):
Major Responsibilities (in addition to the standard set):