Specialist - Research-Fixed Term
Specialist - Research-Fixed TermJob no: 677799
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Agriculture And Nat Resources
Department: Packaging 10002634
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Engineers/Architects, Research/Scientific, Non-Union
The successful candidate will conduct research in the area of Healthcare Systems Packaging Design with an emphasis on circular economy concerns. Potential areas of specialization include:
• Evaluation of the impact of varied labeling strategies on the decision making of healthcare providers.
• Determination and quantification of the interactions between healthcare consumers, healthcare professionals, packaging materials, packages and end of life packaging decisions.
• Evaluation of the impact of varied packaging and product system designs on the decision-making behaviors of healthcare providers.
• Evaluation of packaging systems utilized in healthcare to understand and interpret the cradle-to-grave environmental footprint and economic ramifications of different choices.
• Design of packaging systems with minimal cradle-to-grave environmental footprint and optimized end of life solutions which considers specific nuances and affiliated with varied healthcare environments.
• Design of sustainable packaging systems to solve wicked problems focused on healthcare packaging.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.Required Degree
Doctorate -Packaging, Engineering, Environmental Science, Material ScienceMinimum Requirements
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
a) a doctoral degree in Packaging, Engineering, Environmental Science, Materials Science or a related field
b) a record that indicates the potential for success in a research-intensive environment.Desired Qualifications
The strongest candidates will have:
a) interest and/or experience in healthcare and/or medical packaging systems
b) a strong publication record
c) demonstrated evidence of excellence in teaching
c) evidence that provides promise of success when seeking external fundingRequired Application Materials
Required application materials:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for 3 references
This position is available January 1, 2021, for one year, with possibility of renewal. The review of applications will begin immediately when application materials are received and will continue until the position is filled.Review of Applications Begins On
Packaging is interdisciplinary field integrating science, engineering, technology, and management to protect and identify products for distribution, storage, sale and use.MSU Statement
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Oct 13, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 12, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time