Grant Accountant #443417
Posting DetailsPosting Number20112004Position TitleGrant Accountant #443417FTE1.00Position TypeStaffDepartmentFinance and ReportingJob Summary/Basic Function
Assist in the financial administration of all externally funded federal, state, local and private contracts / grants. Provide post-award administrative support in the Post Award Accounting Department. Perform professional accounting work and prepare special financial reports.
Reports to Director of Finance & Post Award Administration
Examples of Work Performed:
*Reconcile accounts, prepare journal entries, and prepare financial reports
*Determine allocability and allow-ability of charges, assure compliance with financial requirements of funding sources for grant billing.
*Check available budget, pending budget adjustments and contract terms in order to assist with approving purchase requests, requisitions, travel requests, payroll, and HR documents.
*See that restricted funds are being spent in compliance with sponsor guidelines, university guidelines and state / federal laws.
*Perform other duties as assigned.
General Qualification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required and three years of progressively responsible accounting support, experience or, an equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
*Fund and budgetary accounting experience required.
*Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
*Ability to accurately prepare financial reports.
*Strong written and verbal communication skills.
*Skills in analyzing financial data
*Good judgment and capacity to balance competing goals and to multi-task.
*Ability to provide quality service to all levels of personnel and to work collaboratively with others.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications
*Higher education experience preferred
*Pre- and post-award grants administration or related experience preferred.
*Experience with state of Texas’ Uniform Statewide Accounting System USAS preferred.
*Knowledge of federal regulations related to sponsored programs preferred.
*Knowledge of Banner preferred.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork Hours Posting Date09/15/2020Close Date10/23/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial InstructionsPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education have you obtained?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
- Some College Credits
- High School Diploma or GED
- * In what subject did you receive your highest degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * How many years of experience using Banner Student and Banner Finance systems? List the system and years of experience. If no experience, put N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of Finance or Budget experience do you have? Please specify area and years of experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please rate your level of competence with the following technology resources:Excel Spreadsheetsi. Beginner (Simple arithmetic formulas, enter, correct and save data, format cells, rows and columns, sorts)ii. Intermediate (Create, modify, and format charts, filters, multi-level sorting, logical, statistical and financial functions)iii. Expert (Advanced functions such as VLookup, IF, IS, Names, Pivot Tables)
- * How many years of experience do you have working in a higher education institution?
- a. 0 years
- b. 1-3 years
- c. 4-5 years
- d. More than 5 years
- Letter of Interest
- Official Transcript 1