Assistant Professor-Industrial Engineering
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-13
Job TitleAssistant Professor-Industrial EngineeringAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentEngineering & TechnologyProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Engineering & Technology at Texas A&M University-Commerce is seeking applicants for a 9-month tenure-track Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering faculty position. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities (including external research grants), and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community. Faculty are also required to advise students and to interact with local business/industry related to their discipline. A research focus in the areas of supply chain logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare are highly desirable. Potential internal seed funding may be available to enhance research laboratory equipment and/or innovative research projects related to the field of study. This position has a desired start date of Fall 2021.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Areas of teaching assignments include, but not limited to:
- engineering statistics,
- engineering economy,
- facilities planning,
- human factors,
- engineering management,
- service systems.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: an earned Doctorate from an ABET accredited U.S. institution with a major field of study in industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, or closely related discipline. (ABD will be considered but degree must be in-hand prior to the first day of class).
- Faculty are expected to have a current knowledge of the industrial engineering profession and related research fields.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success. Scholarly publication record or scholarly potential.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements: N/A
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Manufacturing/Healthcare/Supply Chain/Logistics Experience
- Evidence of teaching excellence in higher education
- At least 3 years prior industry experience
- A record of scholarship; publications, presentations, and grant proposals
- Successful record of obtaining external research grants
- Experience with online course development and instruction
- Experience with or knowledge of ABET accreditation
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Fluent written and oral communication skills
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.