Assistant Professional Track-Counseling
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-13
Job TitleAssistant Professional Track-CounselingAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentCounselingProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Counseling is seeking a faculty member for a 9-month non-tenure track position as an Assistant Professional Track faculty. This position will begin Spring 2021. In addition to teaching, faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are expected to work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach masters or doctoral level courses in counseling;
- Advise students;
- Prepare syllabi, update course materials and develop curriculum;
- Deliver instruction both online and face-to-face on any of the university campuses.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community;
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends and best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
- Education: Doctorate in Counseling or Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited doctoral program.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Physical Requirements: N/A
- Other Requirements: N/A
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- University level teaching experience;
- Online teaching experience;
- The preferred applicant will have teaching experience in one of the following or a combination thereof (diagnosis & psycho-pharmacology, research & statistics, school counseling, marriage & family);
- Demonstration of active participation in counseling professional organizations;
- Familiarity with CACREP standards;
- Licensed or eligible to be licensed as LPC or LPC-S in Texas or has ACS credential
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.