Administrative Associate III
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-13
Job TitleAdministrative Associate IIIAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentCounselingProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Administrative Associate III, under general supervision, provides complex administrative support work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and data management activities, and assists staff with the use of these applications. Composes correspondence, reports, publications, and presentations, including editing and proofreading. Creates and maintains spreadsheets and databases.
- Greets visitors, answers and screens calls, provides information and referrals, and schedules appointments. Receives, sorts, and routes mail and performs other mail services.
- Researches and analyzes administrative requirements for specific programs or projects. Provides technical information regarding administrative procedures, services, or programs.
- Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures and serves as a resource for answering questions regarding policies.
- Makes arrangements for meetings, appointments, conferences, and travel. May set up meetings, seminars, and other special events to include facilities, equipment, and food.
- Maintains a variety of fiscal, administrative, and academic records. Posts information to agency records and modifies forms or records. Verifies, processes, and reviews forms, reports, and other documents.
- May participate in the hiring, training, and supervision of student workers and other support staff. May coordinate activities and assign work to student workers and support staff.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment. Maintains office reference materials including online office materials. May deliver, pick up, or receive cash payments, documents, supplies, equipment, or materials. May serve as a liaison for departmental equipment and service contracts.
- May assist with the preparation and filing of University documents, and/or grants, with government agencies to conform with statues.
- Manages Cascade maintaining all departmental Syllabi and CV for all departmental instructors.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three years of related experience. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Degree preferred. Administrative support experience in higher education. Knowledge of and experience with Famis, Cascade and Banner.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise and assist with training student workers
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.