LTD-Hospital Lab Technician II- Microbiology- P/T 20hrs Variable Shift (LIMITED APPOINTMENT) - ...
Updated: Oct 13, 2020
The below job opening is a limited appointment job posting with an expected duration of 6 months in time.
HOSP LAB TCHN 2
Clinical Laboratory Manager 1
LTD-Hospital Lab Technician II
0.5 (Limited Appointment)
Under supervision, performs the full range of duties from specimen procurement through specimen and/or blood/blood component processing/handling and performs a wide variety of repetitive technical procedures and/or standardized tests according to established protocols. Assists in equipment maintenance, quality control, allocation/ issuing products such as blood/blood components and tissue for transfusion medicine, inventory control, and performs all clerical functions including but not limited to data entry, maintaining records, answering phones and providing results.
- Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships across the Health System
- Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload
- Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job
- One year clinical laboratory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be willing to provide weekend and holiday coverage on a rotational basis and variable shift assignment(s) as needed
- Good communication skills
- Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of assigned duties
- Good computer skills including knowledge of various software applications
- Minimum 16 units of applicable Science (such as Chemistry, Biology) and Algebra at the college level
Physical, Mental, & Environmental Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.