Instructor Business/Management, Organizational Behavior & Human Resources Management - Spring 2021
Instructor Business/Management - Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management Spring 2021
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Please note: This position will remain open until filled with a full consideration date of 10/28/2020 and review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should reside in Clark County or Nevada.
This tenure track Instructor - Instructor - Business/Management - Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management position will begin in January 2021. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Teach business and management courses within the Business Administration Department.
- Provide an excellent teaching experience to a diverse student body using effective teaching strategies.
- Develop syllabi and course materials that may be taught on-ground, online, or hybrid.
- Develop and improve current and future CSN Business/Management programs.
- Evaluate student mastery of skills and competencies required by course outcomes.
- Participate in department/school meetings and activities.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities with an emphasis in business and management.
- Master's degree in Business Administration OR Business from a regionally accredited college/university by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) or Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- 6 years' part-time community college/undergraduate proficient teaching experience or 3 years' full-time community college/undergraduate proficient teaching experience.
- 3 years' of consistently teaching Business/Management courses.
- 5 years' work experience in a related field.
- Doctorate degree in Business from a regionally accredited college or university by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) or Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- 10 years' work experience in the field of Business/Management.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate and utilize a variety of teaching strategies.
- Traditional, online, or hybrid instructional platform experience.
- Knowledge and ability to work with a diverse student population as found at CSN.
Starting Salary Range
Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. For example, for an instructor with a Master's degree the salary range would be $46,691 to $58,364 annually. The entire salary range is up to $70,038 annually with a Doctorate and 10 years' experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for the initial salary placement purposes.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
- Syllabus (or sample syllabus)
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Instructor---Business-Management---Organizational-Behavior-and-Human-Resources-Management---Fall-2020_R0121273-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency