School Counselor (Part - Time)
Category:: York Country Day School
Department:: York Country Day School
Locations:: York, PA
Posted:: Oct 9, 2020
Closes:: Oct 23, 2020 - 11:59 PM EDT
About York College of Pennsylvania:
Founded in 1953, York Country Day School is a progressive, independent, college preparatory school in York, PA serving students in pre-K through twelfth grade. York Country Day School inspires and nurtures the innovative and creative spirit of students as they pursue their intellectual promise, as well as social and civic passions. Students at York Country Day School are known and valued as integral members of an engaging community. YCDS is an affiliate of York College of PA and a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
York Country Day School seeks a dynamic and dedicated Part-Time School Counselor. The selected candidate will join the administration part-time beginning immediately.
Duties of the School Counselor include:
- Oversee and coordinate student accommodations
- Provide counseling support to ensure healthy student relationships, social emotional health, student safety, and student academic success
- Provide crisis intervention to families and students, as needed
- Coordinate, facilitate, and support class advisors with weekly class meeting programming for underclassmen
- Provide consultation and support for students struggling with academic success and executive functioning skills (knowledge of diverse learning profiles and neuropsychological testing)
- Collaborate with parents, faculty, administrators and outside professionals to address student and family needs
The school counselor will also provide consultation to faculty and staff regarding psychosocial issues affecting students and general adolescent development.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Master's Degree in counseling or equivalent
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and ability to follow up on student cases
- Ability to articulate and tactfully handle inquires from students, parents, faculty, and staff
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications should be received by October 23, 2020.