Enrollment Communications Manager
Job Vacancy AnnouncementFunctional TitleEnrollment Communications ManagerPosition TypeAdministrative/ProfessionalAppointment TypeRegularFTE %
100%Work Schedule (if atypical)Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Communications in the Office of Strategic Communications (OSC), the Enrollment Communications Manager will collaborate with Enrollment Management and the Office of Admission to develop, write, implement, and manage compelling electronic communications plans within the university’s customer relationship management (CRM) system with the goal of helping the university achieve its enrollment targets. This includes email, SMS, print, and website content targeted at undergraduate and graduate prospective students in various levels of the recruitment funnel. The incumbent will develop data analytics and surveys to monitor the effectiveness of messages, inform strategy and tactics, and measure customer satisfaction. Strong project management skills and the ability to serve as the technical lead on communication projects are key requirements for this position.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties
- Create and manage CRM communication campaigns, plans, workflows, and related CRM tasks in order to achieve enrollment goals.
- Work with Admissions and Enrollment Management to identify and address communication needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Write compelling and effective admission recruitment messages.
- Create documentation and communication flow mappings of all campaigns.
- Create and edit HTML email and communication templates.
- Plan and assist with the testing of customized communications campaigns. Troubleshoot and enhance CRM daily communication procedures, workflows, and data integrity.
- Use data and surveys to measure and enhance message effectiveness and user satisfaction and to create and meet strategic goals and key performance indicators. Data points to monitor may include open rates, click through rates, survey responses, A/B tests, and web analytics. Create and distribute reports and queries.
- Coordinate with CRM administrators and developers to identify customization needs of components within the CRM.
- Be a culturally competent employee who attends/completes mandatory diversity and inclusivity trainings as provided by the university.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience in Marketing, Communications, Admissions, and Enrollment Management
- Solid writing and copy editing skills; knowledge of basic style guides such as AP and Chicago Manual of Style.
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) systems, preferably Slate, as well as basic knowledge of html.
- Ability to compile and analyze data, assess and make subsequent recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Ability to multitask and think critically.
- Familiarity with a higher education environment.
- Previous experience with CRM software or software that uses conditional merge and filtering functions.
- Understanding of the mission of the University of La Verne and its audiences.
- Enthusiasm for staying up to date on higher education trends and communication strategies.
- Advanced skills in Excel or data visualization platforms.
- Experience in email marketing, managing web content and analytics and reporting.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.U.S. News & World Report rates La Verne Online No. 1 in California for the third consecutive year and 24th best in the country. Washington Monthly’s 2016 “America’s Best Colleges for Adult Learners” rankings place La Verne No. 3 among private, 4-year institutions in California.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).LocationLa Verne Central CampusNumber of Vacancies1Posting Number2018-190694SASpecial Instructions to ApplicantsOpen DateClose DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3