HR Operations Specialist
HR Operations Specialist 🔍Human Resources Services, Redwood City, California, United StatesNew📁Human Resources📅4 days ago Post Date📅87514 Requisition #This is a 1-year fixed term position.In this role you will be trained by our HR systems experts on all facets of job, salary, and employee data transactions as well as background checks. You will use PeopleSoft, Taleo applicant tracking system, Microsoft Office and other applications to input and upload job and employee information changes to Stanford’s HR systems. HR Operations serves Stanford to:
- Increase the efficiency and accuracy of transaction processing
- Relieve administrative burden for those who rarely use HR information systems
- Share best practices across Stanford’s distributed HR functions
- Safeguard the reliability of Stanford’s electronic data records
We especially seek candidates who can help to identify opportunities to improve the transactions and operational processes to be more efficient and accurate. It will be a big plus if you can demonstrate past successes in refining work processes or file organizing approaches. This position is located at the Stanford Redwood City campus. Presently the entire team is working remote, until Stanford determines that we may return back to our RWC building location. After training is complete, this position may work 2-3 days from home even under normal circumstances.
JOB PURPOSE:Under direct supervision, interact with all schools and VP areas to enter and maintain human resources (HR) related employee data. Enter data from a source document into a computer system and verify entries for accuracy and completeness. Assist with gathering and measuring data. Work is usually performed independently within general guidelines.
- Process a high volume of transactions using standard operating procedures and university guidelines for multiple types of HR transactions, including hiring, personnel changes, reclassifications and related activities.
- Interpret and apply HR policies when answering client questions and processing transactions. Continuously learn and adapt to new policies and procedures required to process and resolve personnel transactions, inquiries and issues.
- Provide direction to clients on how to submit transactions to the University HR transactions team and how to process directly into the HR system verbally and/or through job aids and templates.
- Escalate unique and/or complex HR transactions (e.g., retroactive increases) to lead or senior specialists for resolution.
- Based on audits conducted by school and VP areas, process transactions to correct employee records as needed.
- Perform audits of own work or that of others to ensure conformance and accuracy with established procedures.
- Process centralized operational work for all school and VP areas including, but not limited to, Tuition Grant Program applications, background checks and compliance, benefit contribution payroll adjustments, retiree records, Welcome Center hiring and enrollments, contributory retirement accounts for rehires, and STARs setups for new courses & learning groups. Respond to employee questions and perform corrections for these same university-wide operational processing functions.
- Make recommendations to improve departmental procedures and processes.
- Participate in system release and enhancement testing.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgement, tact and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with assignments and meet deadlines.
- Collaborative team player, able to work effectively on multiple assignments in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and to effectively organize workload.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience using email and internet.
- Familiarity with HR information systems, such as PeopleSoft, time/leave systems, and Taleo applicant tracking system
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, and use a telephone.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4636
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 87514