Part-Time Admissions Specialist
Title:Part-Time Admissions Specialist Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Part-time Technical/Professional Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:Admissions Pay Grade:PT2 Open until filled:Yes Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $17.87 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to no more than 28.5 hours per week.Description:
Admissions at Santa Fe College facilitates open access by assisting students through the application, admittance, registration and enrollment processes. The Office of Admissions is seeking a part-time Admissions Specialist to administer programs targeted at student recruitment, provide prospective students with accurate information regarding college programs and services, as well as the information about the college admissions procedures. The part-time Admissions Specialist interacts directly with representatives of public and private high schools, businesses, governments and community agencies to actively recruit prospective students for Santa Fe College. This position is expected to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate the various needs of recruitment events that often occur in the evening, as well as on weekends.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as a pre-college advisor to support and assist prospective and new students with the admissions process providing guidance, information and resources in preparing for entry into Santa Fe College.
- Provide outstanding customer service in all areas of recruitment; assisting and advising the Coordinator of all recruitment related items.
- Attend recruitment events on and off campus acting as an Admissions Representative to build recruitment relationships with prospective students.
- Assist in the management of large recruitment events such as College Night, Campus Tours, Group Tours, and Open House.
- Update and maintain a digital database of prospective student contact information.
- Interact with prospective students via social media and other digital means.
- Organize and/or assist in the development, implementation, and execution of college preparatory and readiness programs, as well as other initiatives.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Coordinator, Admissions Recruitment & OrientationQualifications:
Required: Master’s degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of related job experience.
Additional Requirements: The successful candidate must have a valid Florida Driver License and be able to meet the college's approval to drive guidelines (Driving Requirements). A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: At least one year of experience in admissions, enrollment, advisement, recruitment, counseling, mentoring and/or a related area. Experience with community college and/or university enrollment management. Experience working with CRM (constituent relationship management) system. Competencies in multiple languages .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment
- Detail Oriented - Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Independent work - able to work independently with limited supervision and able to self motivate.
- Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must submit an online SF Employment Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, and unofficial college transcripts through the job portal to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts will only be accepted for review purposes. Candidates should be aware that official transcripts will be required prior to any offer of employment being made. Official transcripts for purposes of employment are defined as those sent directly from the awarding institution to an agent of Santa Fe.
All submitted materials will be routed to and reviewed by the following job contact:
Contact: Required Documents:Letter of Intent, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts