Administrative Support Specialist, High School Dual Enrollment
Job Status:Open Title:Administrative Support Specialist, High School Dual Enrollment Opportunity Type:Full-time Position Type:Career Service Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:High School Dual Enrollment Pay Grade:C2 Job Location:Northwest Campus Building and Room Number:Building R, Room 05 Closing Date:10/27/2020 Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
Compensation: Salary is $30,380.36. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.Description:
Since 1974, the High School Dual Enrollment Program at Santa Fe College has served students from Alachua, Bradford and surrounding counties. More than 900 students take college courses annually that count towards both their high school diploma and their collegiate transcripts. The department is responsible for helping to ensure the success of the Dual Enrollment students while they are participating in the program. Our mission is to develop high school students into adults who will lead useful and productive lives.
The High School Dual Enrollment Program is seeking a full-time Administrative Support Specialist to perform numerous organizational tasks.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answer phones, schedule registration appointments and assist students and parents who walk in with questions.
- Maintain student files, distribute weekly meal tickets, collect and prepare student college supply receipts for reimbursements, collect required forms and follow up with students and parents, as necessary.
- Prepare mass mailings and print academic advisements and materials.
- Be familiar with program policies and procedures, the admission process and requirements for participation in High School Dual Enrollment.
- Provide administrative support to the Director, Office Supervisor and High School Dual Enrollment Advisement and Guidance Specialists.
- Effectively communicate via phone, mail and email.
- Support all aspects of the front desk operations in a professional manner.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Office Supervisor, High School Dual Enrollment
Required: A high school diploma plus two (2) years of office experience is required.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Customer Service – ability to respond promptly and courteously to all questions from students and faculty in the lab, demonstrating patience and persistence when helping students with little or no computer skills.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts through the job portal to be considered for this position. College transcripts are required for any college coursework. If you do not have college coursework, proof of high school completion or equivalent must be uploaded as unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.Required Documents:Letter of Intent, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts