Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-10-13
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Memory and Wellness Center at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Neurophysiologist, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Under the supervision and in collaboration with the Director of the MWC, the Neuropsychologist is responsible for the following:
- Conducts the assessment of patients referred secondary to cognitive complaints, particularly memory decline.
- Carries out comprehensive assessments including cognitive and psychological functioning as well as an assessment of each patient’s current lifestyle.
- Provides a comprehensive report to the inter-disciplinary team with diagnostic impressions and relevant care and treatment recommendations for the patient, caregivers, and health care providers.
- Conducts comprehensive driving evaluations and makes recommendations to the referring physicians regarding the patient’s ability to drive safely and provides a brief impression of overall cognitive and psychological status.
- Provides psychotherapeutic intervention to individuals and groups as indicated.
- Works with practicum students providing training and supervision in order to develop and sharpen their diagnostic skills along with their clinical skills.
- Creates and develops new programs related to cognitive stimulation/rehabilitation for patient and caregivers.
Psychology including one year of a supervised internship experience in Professional Psychology/Neuropsychologist; or licensure as a Psychologist by the State of Florida in accordance with Chapter 490, F.S.
One year of appropriate experience also required.
Previous work experience in a University setting, community clinic, healthcare environment or in research preferred.
Ability to diagnose and treat health problems required.
Ability to demonstrate compassion/caring required.Salary:$100.00 per hourCollege or Department:Memory and Wellness CenterLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:24 hours per week, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Occasional weekend hours.Application Deadline: 2020-10-27-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Temporary positions are not established positions and are paid from OPS funds. Temporary positions are usually not eligible for benefits and retirement; however, they may be eligible for health insurance coverage depending on the average hours worked per week. They provide full-time or part-time employment in an exempt or non-exempt employment situation based on job duties and salary in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Temporary positions do not have layoff rights and may be terminated without prior notice. Applicants hired into Temporary positions may apply for a regular appointment should a vacancy become available.
This is a part time position.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.