Position InformationPresent Position Number00271WRole Code TitleTrades Technician IPosition TitleGrounds WorkerPosition Summary
Provide scheduled landscape maintenance services and work generated through the work order system to the university for the Old Campus, New Campus, Law School, and the Dillard Complex.Required Qualifications
- General landscape maintenance practices and procedures.
- Appropriate chemical usage related to the landscape field.
- Road repair techniques.
- Peforming routine maintenance on landscape vehicles, equipment, and tools.
- Communicating with the University community, contractors, and visitors.
- Using and maintaining power and hand tools.
- Proper pruning practices employed in maintaining shrubbery.
- Maintaining the proper records associated with landscape maintenance.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude with fellow employees.
- Execute routine task assignments.
- Respond to emergency situations and task assignments on short notice.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High School graduate or equivalent with experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned daily tasks.
U02Job Open Date10/12/2020Review Begin DateJob Close DateOpen Until FilledYesEmployment CategoryFull Time OperationalPosition Term12-MonthSpecial Application InstructionsConditions of Employment:
This position has been designated as essential to the operation of the department and will require reporting to work when the University is officially closed, and is subject to overtime. Incumbent will be required to participate in Facilities Management on-call program.
This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.EEO Statement
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Supplemental Question
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter