Associate Vice Chancellor, Partnerships
Posting DetailsPosting NumberPG190281EPInternal Recruitment NoWorking TitleAssociate Vice Chancellor, PartnershipsAnticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with education and experienceWork ScheduleMonday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pmJob LocationRaleigh, NCDepartment PartnershipsAbout the Department
NC State’s Office of Partnerships develops and grows university, industry, and government collaborations for economic and societal benefit by engaging leading edge partners. The Partnership Office develops partnerships locally and globally, providing real-world opportunities for our faculty and students. This is achieved by sponsoring faculty research, employing students and interns, supporting senior projects, leveraging core university research and development centers, and the establishment of partner-driven innovation centers on its award winning Centennial Campus. In addition, the office also supports economic development for the state of North Carolina and the Triangle region by proactively recruiting companies that resonate with strategic university initiatives and regional eco-systems to attract high paying jobs.
The Partnership Office thrives at the intersection of industry, academia and government. Together, these relationships lead to increased innovation, workforce development and economic impact. Going forward, a key Partnership Office priority will be to elevate this highly successful university-based partnership model to the next level with broad and long lasting triple helix collaborations in harmony with its planned new innovation district.Essential Job Duties
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Partnerships reports directly to the Vice Chancellor for External Affairs, Partnerships, and Economic Development. In this senior leadership role, the incumbent will have management responsibility for employees within this unit, including the Director of Partnership Development, Director of Marketing Communications and Director of Strategic Projects.
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Partnerships is responsible for the following:
- Leading the recruitment, engagement, and management of Centennial Campus partnerships, strategic projects and economic development functions;
- Developing strategies and advise the Vice Chancellor on ways to strengthen current Centennial Campus Partnerships and growing new opportunities locally in the Triangle Region, State of North Carolina, United States and globally;
- Working closely with the Centennial Campus Development real estate office to ensure alignment with industry, academia, and government partnership needs;
- Identifying issues to facilitate broad interactions in line with University priorities and mission;
- Collaborating closely with Centennial Development, Technology Commercialization, Advancement, and others key university partners to develop policy, promote broader interactions with master agreements and advise university leadership on the broad scope of external partnerships;
- Facilitating new initiatives that will enhance and grow research expenditures for the NC State Research enterprise; and
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Minimum Experience and Education
This position requires a relevant post-Baccalaureate degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of industry/government development experience, or a relevant undergraduate degree with a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience as a substitute for the advanced degree. All degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.Other Required Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Clear ability and capacity to identify needs of both NC State, private industry and government agencies to develop lasting and mutually beneficial public-private partnerships;
- Demonstrated strong organizational, leadership, interpersonal and communications skills through successful outcomes in academic, industrial, or governmental positions;
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team among diverse academic and administrative colleagues;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; and
- An innovative thinker with a strong entrepreneurial orientation.
Preference will be given to candidates who also have extensive senior leadership and strategic management experience in economic development, as well as a technical background and understanding of complex business organizations to cultivate future partnerships. Demonstrated success in developing and managing partnership outreach and engagement, to include developing partnerships locally and globally.Required License(s) or Certification(s)
N/AValid NC Driver's License requiredNoCommercial Driver's License requiredNoJob Open Date12/03/2019Anticipated Close DateConfidential review of applications will continue until the position is filled.Special Instructions to Applicants
THIS POSITION IS BEING REPOSTED. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
Inquiries, nominations, and applications are invited and may be directed to Justin Lang, Director, NC State Executive Search Services, at (919) 513-1963 or [email protected]
Confidential review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should provide a resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references. References will not be contacted without prior knowledge and approval of candidates. These materials may be submitted online at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/ (position #0060514).Position Number00060514Position TypeSAAO Tier IIFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.00Appointment12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherNon Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency EventsNon Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoDepartment ID261101 - Partnerships AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References