Accounting Assistant/Associate Professor
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-12
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
Applications will be reviewed beginning November 2, 2020
Start date: Fall semester (September) 2021
BYU-Hawaii Accounting Program
We seek an individual prepared to contribute to our Accounting Program by teaching, primarily, multiple-sections of introductory accounting courses. Teaching assignments are based upon program needs and could include upper-division courses that complement our program, including but not limited to accounting information systems, data analysis, advanced financial accounting, auditing, tax, or managerial accounting.
- Doctorate is preferred, a master’s degree is required. Candidates should have a demonstrated history of accounting professional achievement and experience, which could be demonstrated by both relevant certifications and/or particular professional accomplishments.
- Applicants should have demonstrated excellence in teaching, training and/or mentoring and be willing to further develop their skills as required by the unique needs of BYU-Hawaii and to further the mission as set forth above.
- Our program has a particular goal of developing students who have the ability to return and contribute in their home countries.We are particularly interested in candidates who may have cultural ties, language skills, and life-experiences that will demonstrably assist our program to better reach the diverse individuals and groups represented in our student body.Candidates are encouraged to describe such experience in their applications.
- Faculty at BYU-Hawaii generally teach 30 credit hours per year, typically over three semesters: Fall, Winter and Spring. For example, the 2020-2021 academic year has Fall and Winter semesters, an accelerated Spring semester, and a summer break.
- BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching. The successful candidate will be expected to fully commit to the development of outstanding teaching both individually and as a program member.(https://clt.byuh.edu/framework-for-learning)
- Faculty members are expected to complete a seminar in their first year with the BYU-Hawaii Edward D. Smith Center for Learning and Teaching. Candidates are expected to demonstrate continuing professional development, to provide university service, and to demonstrate ongoing scholarly productivity.
- Rank and salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- This position is renewable annually and is eligible for Continuing Faculty Status, which is similar to “tenure-track” at other institutions.
- Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time faculty.
- Candidates are advised to use the online application system and to submit a letter of application together with a professional resume or CV. Letters of reference are not discouraged; however, finalists will be required to have confidential references submitted directly.See below.
- Candidates with teaching experience are encouraged to submit a recent evaluation of their teaching.
- An employment confidential report form (https://brightspotcdn.byu.edu/ca/94/ece6c2d542c0a203a21f3ff10a14/ecclesiastical-endorsement-0.pdf) should be submitted by the interviewing ecclesiastical leader to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address listed below.
- Transcripts must be provided from the institution where the candidate’s last degree was obtained.
- Candidates are encouraged, but not required, to provide a link to a video demonstrating the candidate teaching a current topic in accounting via an appropriately-labeled email message to email@example.com
- All requested materials must be received before the candidate can be considered.
- A candidate who is selected as a finalist for the position will be required to have three confidential letters of reference sent to the address below—do not have your references submit these letters until you are contacted and advised that the letters have been requested.
Associate Academic Vice President for Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street #1947
Laie, HI 96762
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.