Web Managing Editor
The Web Managing Editor - Marketing Communications is responsible for leading Beloit College’s content production, including developing strategy and designing, implementing, and managing the college’s website (Beloit.edu) to achieve the College’s strategic goals.
The Web Managing Editor will lead content production efforts and coordinate with enrollment marketing, media relations and social media professionals to align and amplify the College’s communications resources. This position requires a strategic thinker with strong news judgment who can contribute creative skill and experience to a multidisciplinary, comprehensive, and continually evolving communications infrastructure. The Web Managing Editor also will manage the website’s information architecture, hierarchy, navigation and interface design; ensure compliance with college branding guidelines and procedures; and track, interpret, and report on web traffic and analytics data.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use impeccable news and marketing judgment to develop the College’s content production strategy in alignment with Beloit’s strategic initiatives, including Beloit Action Plan, Back at Beloit and Anti-Racism Initiative.
- Coordinate efforts with enrollment marketing, media relations and social media professionals to amplify the College’s communications resources.
- Serve as the liaison between Communications and Marketing Department and College departments to manage web page content updates.
- Plan web content goals with the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) and liaison with enrollment and development and alumni relations. and then assign, edit and/or write web page copy.
- Act as website product owner in collaboration with the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) to develop and implement web content policies.
- Supervise Web Developer
- Manage C&M’s content management system (LiveWhale).
- Lead College’s web governance activities, including managing and administering website content approval processes.
- Ensure all website content complies with federal ADA regulations.
- Track content success using analytics, using reports to guide marketing, media relations and digital media decisions.
- Manage web editor permissions for College department web editors.
- Advise and assist college departments with copywriting, editing and proofreading web page content in accordance with Beloit brand standards.
- Create editorial calendar to accelerate Beloit marketing,development and enrollment initiatives
- Communicate web content publishing guidelines and standards to the college community.
- Create supplementary training material as needed.
- Collaborate on web content development projects (including,but not limited to, copy, photography and video).
- Plan and document accessibility training for web editors,staff and faculty.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations or a communications-related field required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience, including as a newspaper editor or reporter, or as a content manager for an organization, with demonstrated success leading a web operation
- Prior experience in a higher education setting desirable but not required.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse Wisconsin community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
AA/EEOPosting Date10/13/2020Closing Dateuntil filledOfficeCommunications & MarketingHow to Apply
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references electronically to: [email protected]