Student Security Officer
This position is responsible for the patrol and dispatch duties associated with maintaining a safe and secure environment for all employees, students and visitors on college property. This will include investigations, physical security, maintaining records, and proper and accurate incident reporting.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
1. Patrol all campus properties including enforcement of campus regulations
2. First responder to alarms or other emergency or urgent calls for assistance
3. Document and report safety/security-related incidents
4. Perform required/assigned equipment inspections; report problems or unsafe conditions
5. Assist with surveillance when needed
6. Serve as periodic dispatcher for safety/security assistance
7. Collaborate with local Police/Fire units in performance of security activities
8. Monitor all security equipment and activate appropriate alarms/notification systems
9. Assist in periodically analyzing and evaluating campus services
10. Perform other duties as assigned
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Possess a valid Wisconsin Driver's License.
3. Ability to write detailed reports.
4. Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.).
5. General knowledge of telephone, radio and CCTV systems.
6. Ability to enter computer data while simultaneously maintaining contact with the public or Student Security Officers.
7. Ability to converse while entering computer data during safety/security incident.
8. Ability to: a. work independently with minimal supervision;
b. Successfully pass criminal background check, drug screening, physical, and fitness for duty exam;
c. Understand and clearly provide written and oral instructions;
d. Work effectively with administrative personnel, instructors, students, and the general public.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Successful completion of computer basics courses such as MS Office 2013.
2. In pursuit of, or successful completion of advanced education in safety, security, or criminal justice fields.
3. Currently enrolled at, or recent graduate of, WCTC in the Criminal Justice program, preferred.
NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired will also be considered.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be frequently expected to walk, stand, sit and type into a computer for varying periods of time. Excellent vision, hearing and speaking are required. Specific vision abilities include close, far and field of vision. The ability to manipulate hands and arms as well as touch and handle objects and people are necessary. The employee will also be expected to occasionally bend, squat, climb, and push pull or lift up to 50 pounds. The physical demands of this position are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the non-essential functions. The description of demands is intended to indicate the tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required and not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities shall be. It is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct or control the work of employees under their supervision.
The Student Security Officer position is open to current WCTC students only. Students must have completed at least six credits, and are registered for at least six credits, within the Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement Program. Students must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher. WCTC Recruit Academy students may also apply. Students will be scheduled up to 20 hours a week between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. Starting salary is $11/hr. Please attach a cover letter and resume to your completed online application.