Financial Analyst - Internal Medicine
Financial Analyst - Internal Medicine Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 202009286321 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $41,300 - $81,400 Position Information The Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing financial and analytical support to the internal medicine department. Under general supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO), the incumbent will assist in financial transactions, review of budgets, conduct reconciliation activities, understand and apply accounting principles and university policies to work to support accuracy of financial data for the department. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Conditions Condition Requirement In lieu of the bachelor degree requirement; a candidate can have four years of directly related experience. Required Experience Experience Requirement 0 - 1 years of related experience. Required Prior experience in a university or healthcare setting performing financial tasks. Preferred Experience with generally acceptable accounting principles (GAAP). Preferred
Minimum Requirements Ability to function as a member of a team.
Basic knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Acquiring ability to gather reasonably retrievable information to organize and perform basic financial analysis assignments.
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Basic knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Basic proficiency using spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
Basic interpersonal skills; broad service orientation and critical thinking skills; and attention to detail. Under management guidance, uses organizational skills to multi-task in a high volume environment.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position