Professional Research Assistant/Study Coordinator
DescriptionUniversityof Colorado – School of MedicineProfessional Research Assistant
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The Professional Research Assistant (PRA) will work within the School of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology (1.0 FTE). The PRA will join the research team of Kristen Demoruelle, MD, PhD. Dr. Demoruelle’s research focuses on understanding the earliest steps in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) development, specifically where and how RA-related autoantibodies initially develop and sex differences in that process. Her studies primarily investigate the generation of RA-related antibodies in the lung and female genital tract in human subjects with RA and subjects at high risk of developing RA.
The role will be to coordinate activities required to perform clinical research protocols, recruit for research studies, schedule study participant visits, accurately record and enter data, respond to data queries from the data manager, and support physician investigators.
Some of the clinical research activities you will routinely perform include preparing and mailing out participant packets for at-home sample collection, regular participant calls (e.g., recruitment, scheduling, reminders, data collection), and conducting study visits (including blood draw & sputum collection). An appreciation of accepted methods of clinical research is highly desirable.
This PRA should be able to communicate appropriately and effectively with investigators and other team members, have outstanding customer service skills, and maintain relationships that are equally respectful to all. Activities will be conducted at the Barbara Davis Center at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Examples of Work Performed
- Reviews research protocol Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria and confirms eligibility of subject to participate in study. Performs informed consent process or ensures that the informed consent process has occurred, is properly documented, and that informed consent form documents are filed as required
- Interviews prospective subjects for a variety of research projects. Educates potential subjects on the details of the studies through phone contacts and personal interviews
- Schedules subject participation in research studies, coordinating availability of necessary space and clinical research support
- Independently conducts research study visits, to include the following:
- Measurement of height, weight, and temperature
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternativeformats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-complianceOffice of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Minimum RequirementsThis position requires a bachelor’s degree.
Substitution: Any equivalent combination of Education or Experience (e.g., associate’s degree plus 2 years of clinical and/or research experience) or 4 years of relevant work experience.
Previous experience in human subject research or direct patient care is required.
Applicants mustmeet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Phlebotomy skills are strongly preferred.
Basic laboratory research experience.
Experience with electronic data capture systems (e.g., REDCap).
Experience with and understanding of medical terminology.
Experience working with patients in a clinical setting.
Working knowledge of COMIRB requirements and activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service and patient relations skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and work independently.
- Good command of the English language.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend complex research protocol information.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Enjoys working with human research subjects.
- Self-starter with a desire to improve human health through research.
- Good problem solver.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 13, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing