Administrative Assistant II
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Dept of Psychiatry/ARTS
Administrative Assistant II
Position #729626 – Requisition #19364
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
- Oversee front desk/administrative activities at an ARTS Adult Outpatient Program clinic.
- Ensure front desk activities are scheduled and completed in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Schedule and maintain multiple electronic appointment programs.
- Arrange staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage in the clinic.
- Accurately collect, track and record patient fee payments.
- Enter data into, and maintain accurate records, in the patient billing system.
- Gather patient statistical data for reporting purposes.
- Order, maintain, and accurately track expenditures of office and medical supplies.
- Administer confidential patient information and records.
- Prepare charts for methadone, drug-free, evaluations and DUI intakes.
- Work comfortably with patients who are referred from various sources, including parole/probation departments, department of social services, and other entities who work with patients with substance use disorder.
- Undergo training and become certified to retain a University of Colorado purchasing card and make purchases as directed.
- Be flexible with regard to emergency supply requests, which may require travelling to the store for purchase.
- Maintain all purchase records, invoices, receipts and documentation for monthly review and approval.
- Ensure the clinic’s bills, invoices and requests for payment are paid in a timely manner
- Conduct blood-alcohol level tests and record results.
- Provide in-person and telephone reception.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external constituents.
- Provide information on program services and respond courteously to queries.
- Observe collection of same-sex urine samples.
- Continuously maintain accurate and up-to-date records and/or notes as required by agency policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including but not limited to: billing and voucher tracking, data tracking, and data analysis/reporting.
Diversity and Equity:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience; six (6) months of which must include working in a front desk/reception role.
- Substitution: Appropriate education may substitute for the general clerical experience on a year- for-year basis, but not for the six (6) months of front desk/reception role experience.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, human services, nursing or related field.
- Experience working with clients who are involved with the criminal justice system, probation/parole, human services, and/or other similar referral sources.
- Experience providing administrative support to clients, families, staff, and other stakeholders in a substance abuse treatment setting.
- Experience working with clients who are undergoing medication assisted treatment (MAT).
- Experience managing financial paperwork including creating invoices, tracking expenditures, and gathering statistical data.
- Experience with creating, revising and managing electronic health records
- Experience working successfully with multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience or knowledge of basic therapeutic confrontation and structures.
- Experience observing, monitoring and intervening in drug and/or alcohol treatment.
- Possesses a current and valid Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) II license or higher in good standing with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA)
- Experience of utilizing Microsoft Word to create documents, tables, mail merge, reports, etc.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Excel to create, revise, update and maintain spreadsheets and macro-enabled reports.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook to create, send and receive e-mail communication.
- Experience with accurate and timely data entry.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Ability to manage difficult behaviors.
- Ability to engage successfully with substance dependent clients in treatment.
- Ability to comply with established rules, policies and procedures and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be open-minded and nonjudgmental.
- Ability to develop healthy relationships and boundaries with clients.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively and accurately check for typographical, grammatical and/or spelling errors in documents.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident, incident, and/or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
- Must be willing and able to work Monday through Friday, 5:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Must be willing and able to periodically work for a limited number of hours on some Saturdays.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 12, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing