DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine, Department of PediatricsSectiono of CardiologySenior InstructorPosition #00675964– Requisition #19341
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology has an opening for a full-time (unclassified) Senior Instructor position.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.Nature of Work:Clinical Outcomes and Quality Lead for the Heart Institute Center for Quality partners with Heart Institute operational leadership and the HI Center of Quality director to develop and implement strategic plans, annual goals, and performance metrics for patient safety; aligns programs and initiatives to vision and strategy for all medical operations.Examples of Work Performed:
- Partners with Heart Institute operational leadership and the HI Center of Quality director to develop and implement strategic plans, annual goals, and performance metrics for patient safety; aligns programs and initiatives to vision and strategy for all medical operations.
- Works with the Heart Institute Center Quality Director collaborates with physician, and other clinical and administrative leaders to set and achieve annual and strategic goals for patient safety; creates and uses tools for tracking and monitoring outcomes/performance towards goals; and provides feedback and guidance to physician leadership on progress towards goals.
- Serves as an internal consultant, collaborating with medical staff and clinical leaders to improve the safety of care within the Heart Institute
- Participates in mortality and morbidity case reviews and cause analyses; recommends changes to diagnostic and treatment protocols, and clinical/operational systems to support best practices.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with leaders across the Heart Institute to ensure the adoption and maintenance of optimal clinical outcomes; makes decisions that are inclusive of multiple perspectives and solves underlying problems.
- Aids with ensuring compliance against standards and recommendations of the Joint Commission, applicable standards of relevant professional societies, and applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Develops, maintains and enforces safety related policies and procedures.
- Provides clinical care as required.
- EDUCATION - Medical degree or Advanced practice care degree
- EXPERIENCE - Five years of experience in quality management, safety, and regulatory requirements.
- LICENSURE - Licensed by Colorado Medical Board
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- GUIDELINES: Guidelines are in the form of stated vision and goals for the operation.
- Complexity: Work assignment is unstructured, and this position is responsible for working with the director in developing, directing, and managing outcomes and multi-year strategies in order to achieve the objectives of the operation. Work is strategic and operational in nature.
- DECISION MAKING: This position will aid in managing multiple functions that requires developing and implementing strategies, business plans, and policies; determining required resources; defining and evaluating performance standards; and resolving complex business problems.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Communication at this level is internally and externally focused. Involves establishing and maintaining effective, collaborative working relationships with team members, peers, and executives. Provides information and negotiates solutions to functional issues that have major consequences or long-term significance.
- COACHING & DEVELOPING OTHERS: Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- COMPELLING COMMUNICATION: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention.
- COURAGE: Proactively confronting difficult issues; making valiant choices and taking bold action in the face of opposition or fear.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY - Is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, and other individual differences in the workforce; recognizes the value of diverse perspectives and experiences and fosters a work environment reflective of the community at large.
- DRIVING EXECUTION: Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting one's own and others' emotions and behavior in the context of the political environment; leveraging insights to effectively manage one's own responses and reactions.
- LEADING CHANGE: Identifying and driving organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services.
- PASSION FOR RESULTS: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 12, 2020
Unposting Date: Oct 18, 2020, 12:59:00 AM