PHP/Outpatient Psychologist - CHCO
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado – School of MedicineSenior Instructor- Child Psychologist
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, one of four campuses in the University of Colorado System, is the major academic medical center in the Rocky Mountain region. The Anschutz Medical Campus is home to the University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado and a new Veterans Affairs Hospital, making it one of the largest and most comprehensive biomedical research and clinical care centers in the western United States. With world-class health sciences research, educational and clinical facilities, the CU School of Medicine has established distinctive and highly productive programs, receiving research awards of more than $350 million per year, including more than $200 million from National Institutes of Health and other federal agencies. The School's total annual clinical and research revenue exceeds $1.2 billion per year.The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry has just welcomed their new Department Chair, C. Neill Epperson, MD and is in the process of growing the Department of Psychiatry with new programs and expanding existing programs.Position Summary:This position will demonstrate expertise in the use of evidence-based assessment and treatment approaches for children and adolescents presenting with a wide range of emotional and behavioral difficulties. Duties and Responsibilities:
- use evidence-based assessment and treatment approaches for children and adolescents presenting with a wide range of emotional and behavioral difficulties.
- Unique to this role is the opportunity to engage in program development of our Intensive Outpatient Programming.
- assess program development,
- supervise and mentor trainees and other mental health providers
- teach and develop course materials.
- Provide evidence-based interventions such as CBT, DBT, ACT, behavior therapy/parent management, and/or transdiagnostic protocols.
- Colorado Psychologist License or be eligible for licensure within the state of Colorado
- Must have significant prior experience in a psychiatric setting serving children and adolescents Completed an APA-approved Ph.D. or Psy.D training program, including an APA-approved internship.
- minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience after completion of post-doctoral fellowship in child and adolescent psychology clinical work.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of developmentally and diagnostically appropriate assessment tools.
- Experience working in an APA accredited training program. Preference will be given to those who are eager to lead or collaborate on research or quality improvement initiatives.
- Clinical skill is required for conducting brief and targeted assessments in integrated care settings
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations to community audiences.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.
- Experience developing, training and supervising psychology trainees
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 12, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing