PROGRAM COORDINATOR - CENTER FOR HUMAN SYSTEMS IMMUNOLOGY
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Plan,coordinate, and administer activities for Dr. Tomaras and the Center for Human Systems Immunology.
- Coordinate and manage Center newsletters, website content and updates, social media communications.
- Manage laboratory and Center meetings including preparing and coordinating meeting documents and materials, including agendas, handouts, slides, taking meeting minutes and distributing appropriately.
- Arrange, schedule, and prepare for internal and external collaborator meetings for the Center as well as arrange and schedule travel, itineraries, etc. for visiting faculty, collaborators, and guest speakers. Scheduling and setting up virtual meetings when in person travel is not a ppropriate.
- Manage and plan large SAB meetings for the center.
- Provide local support and maintain liaison with Department of Surgery Research Administration and Research Development team for grant submissions, collecting documents such as CVs, Biosk etches, letters of support, trainee documentation, etc. for Center grant submissions.
- Liaison with internal and external departments, groups, faculty, and programs, to coordinate Center business and to accomplish program objectives for the Center of Human Systems Immunology.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration or OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.