Lab Tech I - Laboratory of Genetics, Dr. Rusty Gage
Employment History Include your last ten (10) years of employment history, or length of your employment history if less, including all position (even those that are not relevant to this position) and periods of unemployment. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.
Under supervision, lab support includes performing tasks and experiments in support of academic research projects. Primary responsibilities include histological and cellular experiments.
(100%) Histological & Cellular Experiments
- Sectioning of postmortem brain tissues using a cryostat and perform immunohistochemistry on sections. Imaging with confocal, fluorescence microscope. Image quantification.
- Regular cell culture, differentiation of iPSC into dopaminergic neurons. Fibroblast expansion.
- Histology and cellular experiment skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Some theoretical knowledge of biological sciences.
- Bright, independent thinker willing to tackle challenging problems on a daily basis.
- Proven organizational and time management skills to successfully set priorities, meet established deadlines and recognize new problems with changing priorities and interruptions.
- Highly organized, effective at multitasking and adept at juggling changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) needed to interact professionally and effectively in the work environment. Ability to read, comprehend, and discuss research materials.
- Good oral and written communication skills utilizing sound judgment, tact and a recognition of situations requiring confidentiality.
- Ability to diplomatically and professionally interact with all levels of Institute staff and external contacts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with PC and MAC operating systems, standard business office equipment and commonly used software and tools, such as Microsoft Office , electronic mail, and the internet.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Satisfactory completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.
- Must be willing to sign an employee confidentiality agreement.
This position requires constant standing, seeing, and working inside.