Mailroom and Print Coordinator
The Sarah Lawrence College Mailroom and Print Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely handling of all campus-wide mail, incoming and outgoing, as well as print service functions. We are looking for someone with mailroom experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong commitment to customer service. The ideal candidate is hard-working, detail-oriented and comfortable with mailroom and copier technology.
Work schedule is a minimum of 35 hours per week though may include occasional evenings and weekends during certain periods of the year when demand is heavier.Essential Duties Summary
Roles and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for receiving, sorting and processing campus mail, both incoming and outgoing, using mailroom inventory system.
• Operate mailroom equipment and have a working knowledge of US Postal Service rules and regulations.
• Process accurate payment and departmental charges for outgoing mail and shipments (Fed-Ex, UPS, and USPS).
• Resolve issues with incorrect or returned mail.
• Retrieve and drop off mail from local USPS Post Office
• Process and record daily postage and copying services including allocating costs to appropriate departments.
• Timely and efficient campus-wide distribution of mail to offices.
• Interact and communicate with students, faculty and staff in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ensure mailroom equipment is in working order.
• Ensure office is adequately stocked with mail and print supplies.
• Assist with the maintenance of campus-wide fleet of photocopy machines.
• Process printing, copying, binding requests in a timely manner.
Skills and abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Able to work independently.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changes including technology.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook
• Knowledge of US Postal Service rules and regulations.
• Ability to function as a team player in a highly customer service centric environment
• Comfortable learning new technologies, such as mailroom tracking software and print production equipment
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Do you have a valid driver's license?
- Cover Letter