ACADEMIC BUSINESS ANALYST
ACADEMIC BUSINESS ANALYST
Posting Number: SRGV4692
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College of Sciences
Scope of Job:
The Academic Business Analyst works collaboratively with academic departmental staff and other Academic Affairs units to accurately and efficiently analyze, report, monitor, and facilitate financial and business processes within the academic unit.
Description of Duties:
• Collects, compiles, and analyzes revenue and expense data as well as academic data regarding enrollment, student credit hours, academic programs, class sizes and demographics.
• Assists in the preparation of reports, spreadsheets, and projects including coordinating board reports, faculty workload reports, space utilization reports, part-time faculty spreadsheets, course scheduling, and assets and facilities inventories.
• Works with Departmental Chairs and staff to monitor and ensure compliance and timely completion of account certification, faculty absence reporting, mandatory training, and other reports as required by Provost’s Office.
• Reviews departmental faculty staffing plans, overload compensation requests, grant budgets, endowment reports, academic contracts, program accreditation reports and other correspondence for accuracy and budgetary impact prior to submission for approval.
• Reviews and submits departmental documents and requisitions related to faculty travel, hiring, budget changes, etc.
• Reviews and reconciles accounts for departments and grant programs within an academic unit.
• Conducts research on policies and best practice in order to provide recommendations for improving efficiencies in operations.
• Participates in planning and implementation projects involving financial and business operation systems.
• Provides training and support to unit staff members regarding various electronic business operation and data management systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from Assistant Dean for Administration or other Academic Administrator.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field from an accredited university.
• Four (4) years of related experience, including experience with financial and/or data analysis, or
• Two (2) years of the required experience with a degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field from an accredited university.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/16/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26016
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency