Fort Valley State University's, Center for Biotechnology under College of Agricultural, Family Sciences and Technology Department is seeking candidates for the NSF HBCU-UP STEM program coordinator.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the program directors, STEM faculty members, support for the student's program activities, ensuring the accuracy of all files and coordination with other departments at the institution level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the program director in the management of all administrative support program functions.
- Responsible for the preparation, maintenance and deposition of required administrative reports and other correspondence. Monitor academic progress of the students including conducting monthly reviews of students' progress towards producing their final project, collecting pre and post student assessments of STEM knowledge and skills related to their area of study. Arrange monthly scheduled STEM events including campus tours, field trips, and service-learning projects during the academic year. Assist the program director in arranging internships or work placements if complimentary to the students' career choice; connect students to STEM support services including advising, tutoring, to the Summer Bridge Program.
- Function as a primary point of contact and liaison for department offices, students, and staff members on a range of day-to-day issues directly related to the assigned project.
- Responsible for supervising students during program sanctioned activities and events on and off campus.
- Compose and prepare written documentation and correspondence for the office and program.
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day procurement and management of supplies and equipment.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs. Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements.Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules.Represent the departments at open houses outside of regular office hours on occasion.Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in STEM discipline or a closely related field or more than three years of related experience.
- Master's Degree in Leadership or related work experience.
- Experience working with young adults and/or adults in an academic setting.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Experience in coordination of educational programming.
- Experience working with students from disadvantaged background seeking post-secondary opportunities.
- Skill in the use of office equipment - computer, scanner, fax machine, copier, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with statistical packages.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com