Software Applications Developer III
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-12
Job TitleSoftware Applications Developer IIIAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentInformation TechnologyProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
The Software Application Developer III, under general direction, serves as technical lead for a specific software development project or service. Provides technical oversight for the application in compliance with technical standards.
- Provides technical oversight for the design and establishment of design standards, and serves as a lead technical liaison with customers and vendors for enterprise-wide systems, including Banner, SharePoint, MSTeams, and all Microsoft products.
- Establishes system and programming standards for enterprise-level applications. Provides technical oversight for the coding of enterprise-wide applications.
- Establishes standards and processes used to review and analyze software documentation and production results in order to facilitate problem resolution of enterprise-wide applications.
- Establishes testing standards and procedures. Provides technical oversight for the testing of enterprise-wide applications.
- Provides technical guidance for data architecture design.
- Provides technical team mentorship in areas of team support responsibility, including: Ellucian patches/upgrades, Active Directory, WebTailor, Self-Service Banner, Jagwire, and Luminus.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned
- Leads SIS integration efforts, on a project-by-project basis.
- Consults with end users regarding IT system needs in coordination with other ITS team members and shared governance committees.
- Responds to and resolves IT application issues reported by users.
- Supports and enhances existing applications in compliance with specifications and standards.
- Works with other functional and/or system analysts, and serves as part of a problem solving learn in addressing more complex issues.
- Provides other applications, systems and project support functions, as assigned.
- Applies quality standards and ensures all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of related, aggregate experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Four or more years of experience, preferably in higher education in an Ellucian Banner environment, with experience in a technical applications support role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the SDLC and how to incorporate Agile principles, methodology, and best practices to move things forward.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft products, including MSOffice, MS Teams, and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of IT architecture, application of systems theory, enterprise-level technology operations.
- Application of shared governance protocols.
- Advanced business acumen.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail; strong organizational and writing skills.
- Ability to gather information requirements, retrieve accurate information, and present that information in an understandable form.
- Ability to ramp quickly and learn through any means necessary to get up to speed and maintain subject matter expertise on product and service offerings.
- None. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of advanced troubleshooting, problem solving, client relations, requirement assessment and analysis, project management methodology, and proficiency in Information Technology Interface Library (ITIL).
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills; problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Proven ability to deliver against tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of mentoring, negotiation skills, vendor relations, advanced client relations, business acumen, and persuasive communication.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate, simplify and communicate technical information to diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, as well as in various collaborative team structures.
- Self-motivated and resourceful with a high level of energy and drive for achievement; highly self-driven and self-motivated.
- Team oriented, user-friendly, and able to elicit welcoming customer engagement.
- Texas A&M University-San Antonio offers an excellent set of benefits, including medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Further, we actively support flexible working arrangements and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
1) Online Application
2) Cover letter to include two professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
Make sure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. If you have issues with adding documents with your application, please contact HR at 210-784-2058.
Once your application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
Summary of Employee Benefits
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.