Laboratory Technician III Chemist
Job DetailsPosting Number20210002EXJob TitleLaboratory Technician III ChemistType of EmploymentRegular Full-TimeIf Part Time, Enter Hours Per WeekWork LocationHopkinsvilleEmployment Term12 MonthsPosition TypeStaff - Exempt(Monthly)DepartmentBreathitt Veterinary CenterSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct analysis of animal and plant specimens using scientific technology leading to a diagnosis or specimen composition for metals, pesticides, toxins, and chemical components (e.g. THC/CBD, etc.).
• Conduct, review, document, and report toxicology diagnostic tests and findings.
• Operates scientific equipment during the analytical process.
• Performs calibrations, quality control, and maintenance on all instruments in section.
• Participates in relevant scientific continuing education programs; passes all relevant proficiency testing.
• Maintain customer/personnel confidentiality.
• Recognize, trouble shoot and document process deficiencies; participates in developing resolution.
• Develop strategic plans and processes for section.
• Develop, validate, and approve new testing.
• Participates in and ensures compliance with the quality management, biosafety, and bio-security programs.
• Research equipment and supplies for laboratory use.
• Coordinate with other laboratories for laboratory processes.
• Teach, train, and provide feedback to laboratory personnel.
• Inventory management.
• Responsible for implementing laboratory policies such as quality assurance, personal protection equipment, and biosafety procedures.
• Performs periodic cost analysis and recommends fee adjustments.
• Perform special projects and diagnostic research.
• Master of Science degree required.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• Two years related work experience.
• Chemical, metal, toxin or pesticide analysis and measurement.
• Pleasant, proactive personality with the ability to handle demanding situations, quickly adapt to address changing circumstances and personalities, and work as a team.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, supervisory, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
• Problem solving ability to troubleshoot deficiencies, identify corrective actions, evaluate new processes and materials/equipment, implement plans, and develop preventive actions.
• Alertness, initiative, memory for verbal and written directions and details, analytical ability.
• Ability to plan and make decisions often without instruction or supervision.
• Proficient computer skills, internet research, and the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and email.
• Handling of hazardous materials, biological contaminants, and controlled substances; strong pungent odors; handling animal, environmental, and plant specimens.Work Hours
• May be required to respond on weekends, holidays and after hours for seasonal overload and emergencies.Minimum SalaryMaximum SalaryPosting Date10/12/2020Closing Date11/02/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application describing training and work experience
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copies of transcripts
Candidates interviewing will be asked to review and interpret LC/MS/MS chromatograms and discuss the extraction process used in testing (e.g. hemp).
Breathitt Veterinary Center participates in the DHS E-verify program.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Transcripts
- Other Document
- Other Document 2