Clinical Service Representative I
Job no: 514804
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Office/Clerical, Other, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:04030100 - SA-COUNSELING & WELLNESS CTR
Clinical Service Representative IJob Description:
This Clinical Service Representative I position is located in the Counseling & Wellness Center. This support person must be able to deal with highly diversified and detailed tasks and have a high degree of organizational skills, the ability to interact with many areas in the Division of Student Affairs, and to communicate well with others from within and outside of the Counseling & Wellness Center.
- Answers incoming calls from clients, counselors, physicians, attorneys, pharmacies and other health care providers (internal and external).
- Responds to clients, counselors, physicians, other health care providers (internal and external), attorneys and pharmacies directly within scope of position.
- Routes calls to appropriate mental health professional, administrator or office personnel.
Point of Service Operations
- Responsible for client check in.
- Greets clients, schedules and/or confirms appointments.
- Determine client eligibility for services.
- Provides HIPAA information as necessary.
- Directs clients to complete paperwork or pay fees if appropriate.
- Assists clients with questions or concerns.
- Acts as witness for documentation needing signatures.
- Schedules client appointments and consultations.
- Refers scheduling to CSRII, CSRIII or On-Call provider when appropriate.
- Obtains initial patient demographic information.
- Inspects intake documentation for emergent concerns and refers to appropriate provider when necessary.
- Employee will periodically be assigned special projects or other duties by supervisor.
- Position is closely supervised by Clinical Services Representative III on a daily basis.
- Verbal and written instructions are given by immediate supervisor for special projects.
- Daily tasks and responsibilities are designated with expectation that instructions are followed with minimal oversight.
Normal work schedule: 8am to 5pm – Mon – Fri.
The Counseling and Wellness Center's primary function is to provide counseling and student development services to students. Preventive outreach programs and consultation to faculty, staff, and parents occur as an extension of service provision. The Center has an extensive professional training program, and supports the academic mission of the university. Center Faculty also teaches classes and conducts research.Expected Salary:15.00/hourMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent.Preferred Qualifications:
- Should be experienced in medical clinic appointment scheduling and medical records systems, UF ISIS student records system, Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to organize and maintain accurate files.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to triage phone calls, take accurate messages and page counselors as needed. This position requires ability to understand policies, procedures, and regulations related to patient.
- Ability to work with health care professionals and affiliated staff.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a résumé, cover letter, and list of three work references should be submitted online.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 09 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time