Job no: 514793
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades, Student Affairs/Services, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:04020000 - SA-RECREATIONAL SPORTS
Groundskeeper IIIJob Description:
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing athletic field irrigation systems, including, but not limited to, valves, switches, distribution heads, underground piping and electrical timers
- Assists with the implementation of maintenance programs for activity fields including fertilization, weed control, disease prevention, pest control and other turf issues
- Perform general landscaping needs for outdoor recreation facilities to include trash collection, mowing, edging, grading, blowing and trimming
- Operate large vehicles, tractors, mowers, power tools and other specialized maintenance equipment
- Provide feedback to supervisor regarding the safety and/or condition of programs, equipment and facilities; conduct daily observations and/or use said equipment and facilities; immediately document and address all safety concerns; and operate a state vehicle as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Commensurate with experience and education.
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $29,232 Midpoint: $33,800 Lower reference point: $40,500Minimum Requirements:
Completion of ninth grade and two years of relevant experience.
Valid Driver's LicensePreferred Qualifications:
Completion of an approved apprenticeship program in a recognized trade and appropriate experience for a total of five years; or a high school diploma and five years of appropriate experience; appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experienceSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran's preference. If you are claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This is a time-limited position.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 12 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time