Supv Revenue Cycle
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-12
Responsible for managing the financial services functions in the Medical Center including Billing/Collections Cash Posting Contract Management Customer Service & Judicial Affairs. Oversees one or more of the following financial service functions: inpatient/outpatient billing cash posting inpatient/outpatient accounts receivable indigent care program. Prepares statistical reports. Assists in providing information for internal & external auditors. Analyzes accounts for Third Party Payors. Interviews hires trains supervises & evaluates professional and office support staff.
- Analyzes plans evaluates and implements processes designed to maintain A/R levels at or below determined benchmarks.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of assigned PFS staff or of an essential PFS function.
- Investigates documents and resolves problems and complaints.
- Performs technical responsibilities in assigned work area.
- Maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Assumes responsibilities for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Experience: 3 years of relevant experience required. Supervisory experience preferred. Working knowledge of systems used in medical provider billing – CPT HCPCS ICD-9-10 and modifiers and thorough knowledge of third party billing and reimbursement is required.
Licensure: None required
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods; Repetitive motion: computer keyboard activity. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.