Academic Chair, Information Technology Education
Application Deadline: Monday, November 09, 2020
Salary & Benefits: Starting Salary is based on rank and applicable steps for related work experience as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. The salary calculation for Academic Chairs and Directors is based on the 12-month faculty salary range, increased by 20% not to exceed a maximum of $15,000. Please see pg.14 and pg. 27 of the Salary Schedule. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Executive/Managerial, Exempt
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, FL 32606.
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
The Information Technology Education (ITE) department is a multidisciplinary unit offering a variety of certificates, two-year A.S. degrees, and a baccalaureate program with multiple concentrations, as well as courses designed to support students transferring to upper-division study. The Chair will report to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs for Career and Technical Education programs and is responsible for providing leadership for all academic and operational activities in the department. Duties include planning, managing, and assessing instructional programs, leading the processes for the hiring and evaluating full-time and part-time faculty, maintaining strong relationships with advisory boards and specialized accrediting bodies as needed, and overseeing all activities that contribute to student access, retention, learning and success. Currently, all IT Education programs are offered at the Northwest Campus in the suburbs of Gainesville; however, in 2022, all will relocate to a new building on the Blount Campus on University Avenue in Downtown Gainesville. The next Chair, then, will have a key role in creating a coherent vision for how Santa Fe impact the information technology workforce in our region.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Engaging and unifying all ITE department personnel in forming a coherent and cohesive vision for delivering programs.
- Providing academic and instructional leadership in the department that improves curriculum, instruction, and achievement of established student learning outcomes
- Ensuring that ITE programs are aligned with regional workforce needs, in collaboration with an advisory board of local employers and other stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing annual plans for student recruitment, course offerings, faculty schedules, and enrollment management.
- Planning, implementing and reporting on the assessment of student learning outcomes in all ITE programs.
- Recruiting, developing, retaining and evaluating full-time and part-time faculty, as well as other departmental personnel.
- Addressing all student issues in a professional and timely manner and in accordance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Planning, managing and assessing department budgets and resource allocations.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs (CTE Programs)
Minimum Requirements: To meet accreditation requirements, the chair must hold the credentials necessary to teach in at least one of the disciplines within the department. (See the Faculty Credentialing Manual for a complete description of the credentialing process and minimum requirements for positions). A Master’s degree is required; higher education teaching experience is also required.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Critical Thinking & Judgement - able to make well-reasoned, sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and other factors.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining a highly motivated workforce.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, an up-to-date resume, a letter of intent, as well as Unofficial Transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Academic Chair, Information Technology Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly