Senior Associate Dean for Research College of Medicine
The Central Michigan University (CMU) College of Medicine (CMED) is seeking a Senior Associate Dean for Research to lead the development and growth of its research program and support its mission to train diverse physicians for rural and underserved areas and advance health science and innovation. The Senior Associate Dean for Research functions as a Senior Officer at CMU. The position reports directly to the Dean of the College of Medicine and works in cooperation with appropriate university offices and within existing university policies and procedures.
As a member of the Dean's Executive Leadership Team, the Senior Associate Dean for Research will develop and implement a collaborative administrative operation supporting the mission of CMED and CMU and aid in strategic planning, development, and implementation in support of the research mission of the College, Graduate Medical Education, and faculty. This position will oversee the significant growth and development of CMED’s research programs. The ideal candidate will be a visionary builder with a record of research and a track record of independent extramural funding and strong scholarly publication. Further, one who engages with our healthcare providers and community partners as we grow our research programs is necessary. This position will facilitate research scholarship and resource development within CMED and work collaboratively with other CMU colleges, the CMU Office of Research and Graduate Studies, key external stakeholders and partners, and other senior leaders to achieve synergies across the research and innovation enterprise at CMU.
- MD, DO or PhD (MD/DO/PhD preferred) with understanding of both basic sciences and health service research.
- Qualification for professor rank in the CMU College of Medicine.
- At least five years of senior leadership experience in a university-based medical or public health school or research institution overseeing and conducting research.
- Demonstrated experience in securing extramural funding and strong scholarly publication.
- Experience in building/growing new research programs, ideally multi-disciplinary and/or multi-organizational research collaborations.
- Demonstrated creativity in building research partnerships and identifying research funding opportunities within their own institution and beyond, including in partnership with public and private community entities, corporate partners, foundations, and state/federal agencies.
- Strong administrative and research management skills with experience in compliance with research regulations and accreditation.
- Demonstrated experience leading, developing, and coordinating strategic research plans that are consistent with an organizational mission.
- Experience serving as an externally facing representative of the institution to key partners and stakeholders in the community and beyond.
- Positive interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Commitment to diversity by working to develop a culture of inclusion and mutual respect.
- Experience in mentoring junior faculty to help them obtain research funding to pursue meaningful lines of inquiry.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
NOMINATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. is assisting Central Michigan University in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. Confidential inquiries, nominations and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher and Associates. For a full application package please provide a cover letter, CV, and list of five references. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made. To learn more about this opportunity, please visit: https://www.greenwoodsearch.com/centralmichiganuniversity
Please direct inquiries, nominations, and application materials to:
Betty Asher, Partner & Vice President
Ashley Hice, Senior Executive Search Consultant
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex-based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie)