Coordinator of Financial Aid
Posting DetailsJob TitleCoordinator of Financial AidType of PositionStaffResponsibilities
This is a responsible, professional position, which works under the general supervision of the Director of Financial Aid. This person is responsible for the effective coordination and administration of all student aid programs on campus.
1. Coordinates and supervises the activities and services of the Office of Financial Aid. Organizes financial aid workshops and informational meetings with local ISD’s.
2. Administers federal, state, institutional, and departmental policies for all Financial Aid programs.
3. Authorizes College Work Study and SEOG. Determines student need and eligibility and packages those students with proper aid.
4. Coordinate the development and update of departmental publication and forms. Is responsible for monitoring and implementing IFAP and all ed.gov regulatory updates.
5. Coordinates institutional scholarship funds, along with outside source scholarships, ensuring applicants are given correct funding.
6. Works closely with students and their families for aid packaging requirements. Requests additional documentation; verifies information; awards aid; process award or denial notifications and monitors satisfactory academic progress. Works closely with Advising and Counseling to monitor student success.
7. Performs data entry on initial applications and corrections for transmission to COD.
8. Coordinates the disbursements of aid to students on a timely basis.
9. Coordinates with outside agencies in their release of aid and request for information regarding students on the LSCO campus to include: Texas Rehabilitation Commission (TRC), and the Texas Workforce Commission.
10. Participates in appropriate committees and state, regional, and national organizations.
11. Assists the Director of Financial Aid with all Veteran’s applications for Federal and State benefits, and is responsible for the Hazlewood Database Reporting.
12. Assists the Director of Financial Aid and the Dean of Student Services in special projects and reports.
13. Additional responsibilities and functions as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid and Dean of Student Services.Qualifications
Associate’s degree required, Bachelors degree preferred.
Experience in financial aid work in post-secondary institution required. Requires over 5-10 years’ experience on jobs leading to this job. Working knowledge of financial aid administration required. Eight to ten years of direct financial aid experience, knowledge of Banner Financial Aid, EDConnect, EDExpress, NSLDS, COD, and VA reporting preferred.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.222.
Lamar State College Orange is an EEO/AA/TSUS Institution.SalaryDOEPosting NumberAS110POpen Date10/12/2020Close Date10/23/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- LSC-O Website
- Employee of LSC-O
- TWC-Work in Texas
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Bulletin Board Posting
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2