Posting DetailsPosition TypeTemporary Staff (SHRA)Job TitleBuilding CoordinatorDepartment NameMed Ad-Planning Office - 420106Vacancy IDS016988Position Posting CategoryFacilities and Skilled TradesHiring Range$20 - $24/per hourFull-time/Part-timeFull-Time TemporaryIf part-time, how many hours per week?40Work ScheduleProposed Start Date11/03/2020Estimated Duration of Appointment6 months not to exceed 11 monthsPosting Open Date10/07/2020Posting Close Date10/26/2020Description of Work
These positions are part of a team responsible for managing assigned School of Medicine facilities, including a zoned area containing over 300,000 assignable square feet within the school’s 1.3 million square feet of assignable space in 25 campus buildings housing a mix of wet and dry lab research space, classrooms, office and common space. The positions serve as the primary contact for maintenance, grounds, security and housekeeping issues, and assist the Facility Planners and the School’s Assistant Dean. The positions will assist with providing a proactive plan for addressing maintenance issues in assigned buildings. These positions will support SOM students and student learning, and develop and maintain relationships with representatives of departments and research centers occupying SOM buildings. Responsibilities will include monitoring of critical research building-wide systems including house RO/DI water systems, laboratory equipment and instrumentation relocations, and working with UNC Department of Environment Health and Safety (EHS) to monitor and address indoor air quality and other environmental conditions. These positions will also serve as a point of contact during workspace reconfigurations to support return of faculty and staff to workspaces in their assigned buildings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Management of Assigned Facility Hub
- Provide oversight and coordination of facility operations for assigned facility hub, serving as point of contact for UNC Building Services, Work Management and Customer Advocacy Representative for assigned area. Responsibilities include:
- Daily identification, monitoring and coordination of all facility issues/repairs for assigned area including carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, construction, lab research equipment, windows/roofing, lighting and finishes.
- Regular monitoring of indoor work environments for assigned areas
- Point of contact for and build relationships with other university and SOM operational units including Housekeeping, Grounds, Dining/Vending, IT/SOMIT, SOM Photo ID & Security office, Asset management and surplus, Waste and Recycling, DPS Parking & Transportation.
2. Work closely with Facility Planner on issues related to space within the facility hub, including coordinating arrangements for temporary space and moving, and renovations related to social distancing requirements.
3. Serves as a back up to Facility Planner for managing facility hub emergency and disaster planning and situations.
4. Responsible for managing on-site events in assigned building hub.
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work. Optional Guidelines: Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the area of assignment may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred: Have a general understanding of complex building systems and able to analyze and provide solutions to problems as they arise. Ability to use multiple IT platforms including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook calendar. Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail. Strong customer service background.Special Physical and Mental Requirements
Position requires frequent movement to other buildings/locations, moving equipment/supplies. Incumbent must be mobile and able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Must maintain valid NC driver’s license.Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Stimulus/ARRA FundedNoSpecial Instructions Temporary Employment Policieshttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/184300Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Optional and Required DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- List of References
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest degree/degree level?
- Some High School
- High School/GED
- * Provide examples of how you have used Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe what excellent customer service means to you.
(Open Ended Question)