CARE Collaboratory Community Engagement Coordinator
Posting InformationPosition TypePermanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?NoPosition TitleBusiness Services Coordinator - JourneyWorking TitleCARE Collaboratory Community Engagement CoordinatorPosition Number20037280Vacancy IDP012035Budgeted Hiring Range$40305 - $49262Pay Band Information
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade EquivalentGN08Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-LimitedFull-Time Time-LimitedIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointment3 yearsHours per week40Work Schedule
Monday – Friday; 8am-5pmDepartment Name and NumberGlobl Hlth and Infect Disease-427801Date First Posted10/12/2020Closing Date10/16/2020Position LocationChapel Hill, NCPosition Posting CategoryAdministrative/Clerical SupportDepartment Description
The Division of Infectious Diseases develops ongoing clinical, educational and research programs directed toward the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases. Working in nine countries, throughout the state, and across campus, the Division’s goals include:
- Coordinating basic and applied research in infectious diseases and fostering collaboration among other investigators and researchers.
- Coordinating outreach activities with UNC-CH School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, and other Departments/Centers, as well as appropriate State of North Carolina agencies and community partners.
- Improving clinical care in infectious diseases, including activities related to the management of HIV and other
infectious diseases; activities related to emerging pathogens, international health, and clinical outreach.
- Infectious disease prevention activities, including a focus on vaccine development and vaccination practices.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description
The CARE Collaboratory Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for managing the community engagement activities of the CARE Community Advisory Board (CAB). The candidate will be responsible for organizing and facilitating the monthly CAB meetings, primarily responsible for assisting PI to recruit CAB members and to identify and bridge partnerships between different community/university groups. The candidate
will work with the CAB to organize community-based events, develop educational products that disseminate the latest information about advancements in HIV cure research, and coordinate CAB members’ travel and attendance at national meetings.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Experience with community engagement in the areas of HIV and HIV cure research.
Experience with managing community advisory board members, planning meetings, and community events. Experience with creating HIV and HIV cure research educational materials.Preferred Qualifications
BS in Public HealthRequired Licenses/Certifications Special Physical and Mental RequirementsPosition/Schedule RequirementsPosition AttributesStimulus/ARRA FundedNoQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/184386Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Business Services Coordinator position.
- Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate degree in business administration or a related field
- Associate's degree in business administration or a related field and 2 years of related experience
- Combination of post-high school education and 4 years of related experience (ex: 1 year towards a degree and 3 years experience)
- High school diploma/GED and at least 4 years of related experience
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal 8 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 7 years of experience)
- None of the above
- * How many years of experience do you have in community engagement?
- 0-1 year
- 1-3 years
- 3-5 years
- 5+ years
- * Do you have experience with creating HIV and HIV cure research educational materials?