This position is responsible for the custodial maintenance of campus buildings and facilities.
• Assists in coordinating day-to-day work assignments; assists in ensuring compliance with custodial policies, procedures, and safe work practices when assigned as Senior Custodian.
• Cleans, sanitizes, and details restrooms; refills dispensers; stocks supplies.
• Dusts and wipes furniture and fixtures.
• Sweeps, mops, and vacuums floors; strips, cleans, waxes and buffs floors.
• Empties and cleans trash receptacles.
• Cleans classrooms and laboratories.
• Loads and unloads supplies; stocks and organizes storage area.
• Cleans spills and broken glass.
• Moves furniture.
• Assists with setting up for special events.
• Reports maintenance needs to supervisor.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of the materials, equipment and methods used in the custodial maintenance of public buildings.
• Knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of a variety of custodial equipment.
• Knowledge of safe work practices.
• Knowledge of material safety data sheets.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in communicating with others.
• Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
• No experience requirements.
Six months experience working in an institution, industrial or commercial setting preferred
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Web site
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Some high school
- High school diploma/ GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- * How many years of custodial experience do you have working in an institution, industrial or commercial setting?
- 0-6 months
- 6-12 months
- 1-3 years
- 4 or more years
Optional & Required DocumentsRequired Documents