Posting DetailsJob TitleAnesthesia Technician/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24904Working TitleAnesthesia TechDepartment NameH3320:Perioperative ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
CPR CertifiedPhysical Requirements
This position requires regularly standing or walking with objects weighing up to 10 pounds; intermittently lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to or over 50 pounds; standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds; and occasionally performing tasks with repetitive motions. Also involves some exposure to risk of injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; hazardous chemicals and fumes including waste; radiation; burns; cuts/punctures; blood-borne/airborne pathogens; and recombinant DNA or viral vectorsShift
Primarily nights, 7p to 730a or 11p to 730a some weekends, holidays, and on-call shifts may be required per departmental needs.Job Summary
The primary responsibilities for this position include cleaning equipment; assisting with regional blocks; setting up infusion, transducers, BAIN Circuit, and attaching noninvasive monitoring devices; assisting with blood specimen and delivery of lab specimens; and maintaining sterility.
Internal Employee Being Considered (IEBC)Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have the following skills: teamwork; ability to learn quickly; competence in aseptic techniques for blood collection; ability to work independently and remain calm in an intense work atmosphere.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Experience in maintenance and repair of anesthesia equipment and knowledge of aseptic technique.Deadline to Apply10/19/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have paid direct patient care work experience?
- * How many years paid experience do you have as an Anesthesia Technician or Anesthesia Assistant?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Are you currently CPR certified?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter