Assistant or Associate Professor of Family and Community Medicine
Posting DetailsJob TitleAssistant or Associate Professor of Family and Community MedicineRequisition NumberFE02440Working TitleDepartment Name7H461 :FAMILY MEDICINE - HAZARDWork LocationHazard, KYType of PositionFacultyPosition Time Status Full-TimeTenure Track StatusNon-Tenure TrackRequired Education
MD, DO or equivalentRequired Related Experience
Completion of residency in Family MedicineRequired License/Registration/Certification
ABMS board-certification in Family Medicine, and be able to obtain and hold an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Kentucky.
In addition, the successful candidate must be able to obtain and maintain clinical privileges accepted as a member of the active medical staff UK HealthCare and of Appalachian Regional HealthCare.Job Summary
The University of Kentucky is seeking a Family Medicine faculty member, at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. This position will be located in the Department of Family and Community Medicine, within the 4/4/4 rural family medicine residency program in Hazard, Kentucky. Hazard is located in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains of Eastern Kentucky. Our faculty teach residents in both an outpatient and inpatient setting from four different medical schools.
This position will practice non-surgical obstetrics as well as oversee residents’ deliveries of continuity of patient setting and facilitate a rotation site for third and fourth year medical students from four different medical schools. This position will also work with residents to adopt patient-centered medical home principles. The local hospital, Appalachian Regional Healthcare is a regional hospital and is the site for our inpatient service, which consists of 358 acute-care beds. Our faculty and residents also provide services at the Eastern Kentucky Veterans Center, a 110 bed long-term care facility for veterans. These activities, plus departmental leadership in Rural and Community Health, a practice based research network, and departmental leadership in the UK Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences, afford opportunities for faculty to participate in a variety of innovative programs.
We offer competitive compensation based on rank and experience and an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance; disability; malpractice; retirement plan; education; paid time off and more.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Rank and compensation are commensurate with experience. Please include cover letter and CV along with application.Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to ApplyOpen Until FilledYesUniversity Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter