Research Associate Clinical I/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleResearch Associate Clinical I/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24914Working TitleDepartment NameM3030:Cancer Clinic ServicesWork LocationLexngton, KYGrade Level07Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
Requires handling of light weight objects up to 10 pounds, sitting for long period of time and some walking or standing.Shift
Monday to Friday, 8:00am-4:30pmJob Summary
The Markey Cancer Center Precision Medicine Office is seeking a Clinical Research Associate to support the ORIEN Total Cancer Care research study. The primary responsibilities for this position include: assist investigators with identification and recruitment of patients; ensure that per-study and eligibility requirements of the protocol have been met for patients, maintain cooperative and professional relationships with all Clinical Research participants; monitor safety and general well-being of all patients by exercising independent clinical judgment regarding patient care issues and protocol adherence; obtain, abstract and collate data, reports, etc. related to studies.
The Clinical Research Associate will also maintain and submit all reports, forms and updated records to groups required by study; assist in designing a system for organizing, planning and controlling workflow related to the conduct of clinical studies and protocols; coordinate flow of patient through clinical study or protocol, monitoring all events related to patient and communicating any pertinent information to PI and appropriate health professionals; learn basics of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and standard operating procedures (SOP); collaborate and consult with other health professional in planning care for study participation and to ensure protocol compliance; and other duties as assigned.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Microsoft OfficeDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Experience working with Oncology patients and/or managing clinical trials or other patient programs.
Having or being eligible to earn a SoCRA or ACRP certification.Deadline to Apply10/19/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time experience in clinical research.
- more than 0, up through 1 year
- more than 1 year, up through 3 years
- more than 3 years, up through 5 years
- more than 5 years
- * How many years of experience do you have working with patients on clinical research trials?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please select which of the following best represents your educational training completed.
- Less than High School or GED
- High School or GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- * Please describe your experience working with clinical research trials.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter