Nurse Coordinator Clinical/UKHC WEPP
Posting DetailsJob TitleNurse Coordinator Clinical/UKHC WEPPRequisition NumberNR08367Working TitleRN/Nurse Coordinator Clinical/Control Desk/OR Chandler WEPPDepartment NameH3320:Perioperative ServicesWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level11Salary Range$25.71-42.94/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ADNRequired Related Experience
4 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
LICENSED NURSE; BLS for the healthcare provider issued by the American Heart Association valid through 6 months from initial employment date required.Physical Requirements
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.Shift
Friday/Saturday 630pm til 7am Weekend Premium Plan.Job Summary
This position has responsibility for administrative, business and operational planning, assessment and operations of the Operating Room Control Desk. He/she is intimately involved in the development, implementation, and execution of the strategic plans for perioperative and nursing services.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
3 years operating room experienceDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/Experience
Previous management or coordinator experience within an Operating Room is preferred.Deadline to Apply10/21/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- AONE (American Organization of Nurse Executives)
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter