Stroke Transfer Coordinator/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleStroke Transfer Coordinator/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24909Working TitleStroke Transfer CoordinatorDepartment NameH7100:Neuroscience ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level11Salary Range$25.71-42.94/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Licensed Nurse + NIHSS + ACLSPhysical Requirements
Staff must be able to push/pull at least 50lbs. Staff must be able to provide excellent and efficient primary patient care in a transport setting (by ground in an ambulance, rotary aircraft or fixed-wing aircraft).Shift
Must be able to work three, 12-hour shifts per week (may include days, evenings, nights, and/or swing); will also be required to work some weekends and holidays.Job Summary
The Stroke Transfer Coordinator/UKHC is a Registered Nurse who ensures the safe, effective and efficient care of stroke patients, primarily through inpatient stroke monitoring.
Optional Attachment – Specific Request 1: Certifications
Critical thinking, attention to detail, flourishes in high pressure situations, ability to effectively communicate with multidisciplinary teams.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Stroke/neuroscience/ICU background.Deadline to Apply11/11/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Do you currently hold a Bachelor's degree or above in nursing (or will by date of hire)?
- * Do you have at least three full years of paid, full-time employment experience in ICU nursing?
- * Do you currently hold NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certifications or will be eligible to obtain both by date of hire?
- * Please choose the response that best represents your years of full-time employment experience as a Registered Nurse in a Neuroscience setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Specific Request 1