Point of Care Specialist/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePoint of Care Specialist/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24925Working TitleDepartment NameH3200:Laboratory ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level10Salary Range$46,675-78,499/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Walking considerable distances within the hospital throughout the day, standing, lifting items less that 25 lbs.Shift
Monday – Friday hours vary based on staff training requirements (primarily 8:00am-4:30 pm).Job Summary
UKHC is seeking an experienced laboratory technologist to provide assistance in the management of Point of Care testing compliance in a large academic medical center and an affiliated smaller hospital.
Applicant will participate in new test validation, compliance management, staff training, competency assessments, and the daily operations required for point of care testing. The ability to work independently and good customer service skills are essential.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Experience with lab information systems, Microsoft Office, laboratory-testing skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus three or more years preferred.
Knowledge and/or experience related to Point of Care compliance management and medical technologist skills preferred.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you hold a current certification with the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), or are eligible to obtain this certification by date of hire?
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience with Point of Care testing.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Are you familiar with the Joint Commission accreditation standards?
- * Are you familiar with the CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) 1988 Amendment?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter