Laboratory Technician Senior
Posting DetailsJob TitleLaboratory Technician SeniorRequisition NumberRE24922Working TitleDepartment Name7H016:SPINAL CORD & BRAIN INJURY RESWork LocationLexington KYGrade Level40Salary Range$13.63-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting for long periods of time, exposure to experimental animals, tissues, chemicals and supplies, lifting up to 20lbs.Shift
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (40hrs/wk)Job Summary
This position involves performing surgeries and traumatic brain and spinal cord injury research on live animals (mice and rats) followed by behavioral, histological, bioenergetic and neurochemical analyses at various time points and studying the effects of novel pharmacological compounds for their ability to protect the injured brain or spinal cord tissue and improve cognitive and motor recovery. The successful applicant will be expected to compile and analyze experimental data and to have strong English speaking and writing skills to record experimental results both in published and non-published formats. Candidate will be expected to update and develop laboratory protocols and SOPs as needed.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
SOP and protocol developmentDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to Apply10/19/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter