STEPS Medical Office Staff/Administrative Support
Posting DetailsJob TitleSTEPS Medical Office Staff/Administrative SupportRequisition NumberTE05100Department Name3J532:STEPS Temporary EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYSalary Range$11.95/hour - $15.13/hourType of PositionTemporaryPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
High SchoolRequired Related Experience
-Previous experience working in an office clerical position
-Microsoft Office SuiteRequired License/Registration/CertificationPhysical Requirements
Sitting for long periods of time, lifting up to 30 pounds, repetitive motion, walking, computer workShift
Generally Monday-Friday 8am-5pmJob Summary
STEPS is currently seeking Medical Office Assistants for long and short term assignments. Responsibilities include:
-Answering telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff
-Schedule and confirm patient appointments, calendar management
-Operate office equipment such as voice mail messaging systems and use word processing, spreadsheet, data entry, or other software.
-Maintain medical records or correspondence files.
-Greet visitors, determine purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff.
-Assure patients have completed necessary forms and collect insurance information.
-Special projects as assigned.
-Could include travel arrangements, accounts payable/receivable, and attending meetings
STEPS Temporary Employment is a service of UK Human Resources that meets the University’s need for temporary employees in departments of UK Healthcare and UK Campus. We staff a variety of jobs including administrative, technical, service, maintenance, skilled trades, laboratory, and office/clerical. Temporary assignments can vary in length for one day to six months, and occasionally up to a year or more. Our temporary positions offer great opportunities for those seeking flexible and fulfilling work experience. For those ultimately seeking regular full-time opportunities, temporary employment also offers an opportunity to network and to gain relevant university experience.Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
-Some college and one year of office/clerical experience preferred. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
-Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.Deadline to Apply10/17/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience working in a professional office environment?
- * Please indicate the average number of patient interactions that you have been directly responsible for handling on a daily basis (i.e. scheduling, registration, customer service, etc.).
- More than 0, up through 20
- More than 21, up through 40
- More than 41, up through 60
- More than 61, up through 80
- More than 81
- * Please indicate your amount of employment experience obtaining pre-certifications and authorizations in a healthcare setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * What is your understanding of insurance and medical assistance programs?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have working in a medical office or clinic?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Are you available to work on a part-time basis?
- Cover Letter