Independent Living Services Administrator
Posting DetailsPosition TitleIndependent Living Services AdministratorPosting Number2020031EPClassification TitleIndependent Living Srvs AdminWorking TitleIndependent Living Services AdministratorClassification Code2002RCW Exemption Criteria14 - Extension/Continuing EducationEWU Position NumberE99311CUPA CodeNo MatchFLSAExempt - AdministrativeBargaining Unit None% Full Time100%Salary / Wage RangeAE - 107Salary Information
The minimum salary for this position is $48,781. (No hiring range has been defined.)Anticipated Start DateAs soon as possibleTerm of Appointment100%LocationCoeur d'Alene, IdahoCountyWashingtonProject Description
N/AProject DurationN/ABackground CheckYes - BothResponsible HR UserLori LivingstoneResponsible HR User Email [email protected] Summary
The College of Social Sciences and the School of Social Work at Eastern Washington University invites applications for an Independent Living Services Administrator position for their Idaho Child Welfare Research and Training Center (ICWRTC) located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
Administer, coordinate and provide Independent Living (IL) support services for eligible foster and non-foster care youth/young adults, coordinate meetings, conduct training, and provide technical, and administrative services support. Exercise independent judgment and discretion relating to program policies, guidelines and contracts and in implementing, interpreting and applying program procedures and policies. In the course of performing the position’s duties, this position will have extensive involvement with staff and the public in carrying out program activities, and will coordinate, schedule and monitor program activities to determine consistency with program goals. Note: “Department” refers to Idaho Child Welfare.
Screening of applications will begin October 20, 2020. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
See Job Duties section for detailed description of the position’s responsibilities.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Conditions of Employment
This is a 100% administrative exempt position funded under a grant contract. Continuation of the position is contingent on availability of contract funding.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
Required Condition of Employment: Must have transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record, including no DUI citations.
The position will be centralized at the ICWRTC in Coeur d’Alene. Travel will be required for work in any of the counties served in Region 1 (Kootenai, Shoshone, Benewah, Boundary, Bonner).Physical Demands
Essential Functions Analysis forms (“EFA”) describe the physical and mental demands associated with our positions. You may access this document at the link provided below:
EFA for Independent Living Services Administrator Position
- Bachelor’s in Education, Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or other field relevant to the position
- Two years’ full time relevant work experience; part-time work will qualify, but will be pro-rated to its full-time equivalent; examples of qualifying work experience include:
- Experience in youth or child welfare or other youth/child social services or high risk programs
- Experience involving training or providing support services to disadvantaged or high risk youth or other populations
- Other experience directly relevant to the position (please explain how your experience is relevant in your letter of application)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Developing and delivering training and/or workshops
- Providing mentoring as part of a formal mentoring program
- Demonstrated computer skills to include: MS Office, presentation software (such as Adobe), database experience (experience updating Excel spreadsheets does not qualify as database experience)
- Two or more years’ work experience in any of the following:
- Education environment involving high risk populations
- Providing counseling and listening to the concerns of individuals in high risk populations
- Experience in assisting people with life skills planning
- Knowledge and understanding in any of the following subject areas:
- Philosophy and goals of independent living
- Youth focused community-based services
- Specific topics concerning disadvantaged or high-risk youth, such as homelessness, barriers to education, personal care, employment, transportation
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
Typically M-F 8am – 5pm, but may be required to work evenings and/or weekends to fulfill special projects and other needs of the department.Posting Date10/12/2020Open Until Further NoticeNoClosing DateScreening to Begin10/20/2020Special Instructions to Applicants
This recruitment is limited to current or former employees of Eastern Washington University
Screening of applications will begin October 20, 2020.
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal located here: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381. All materials will be held in the strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
Required documentation includes all of the items listed below.
- Cover letter: please describe how you meet each of the required and preferred qualifications
- Resume to include work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position
- List of at least 3 professional references including names, title, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and their connection to you.
- Applicant Certification – please download the Certification form (link is provided in the next field); then complete and sign the form, and upload it to this link.
Additionally, as an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. You will be asked to respond to this prompt as part of the online application process: Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.Required Applicant Certification
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants for employment at any Washington State institution of higher education, are required to provide a signed statement verifying information about their history of prior sexual misconduct and providing authorization for current and previous employers to disclose relevant records to Eastern Washington University.
All applicants are required to download the statement linked below, complete and sign it, and then attach the signed statement as part of their job application: Required Applicant Certification.
Attach the completed and signed certification to the document link called Applicant Certification.
- Provide IL and support services for non-foster care youth/young adults.
- Administer the IL Ansell-Casey Assessment instrument with ICW Department referred youth.
- Interview youth to collect data needed for the federal National Youth in Transition Database (NYTD)
- Oversee and facilitate completion of the Department referred youths’ individual Independent Living Plans (ILP).
- Review ILP quarterly with the Department, youth and/or other appropriate persons.
- Assess ILP monthly with youth, make recommendations and identify service responsibilities.
- Establish a mentoring program to assist Department referred youth in acquiring the behaviors, skills, values and attitudes that will help them achieve positive life goals.
- Develop and deliver training related to IL services and programs.
- Develop and provide mentoring activities
- Coordinate Independent Living Skills Workshops
- Oversee Foster Youth and Alumni (FYI) group, coordinate meetings, and assist in the facilitation of the FYI group processes and goals.
- Coordinate services and other activities related to IL plans.
- Technical & Administrative Program Support:
- Design office procedures, policies and forms;
- Develop interpretations and guidelines for the application of administrative policies to the work of the program;
- Coordinate administrative standards and procedures for independent yet interrelated program functions;
- Develop and administer needed databases housed on Share Point; ensure all required data is entered
- Document services provided; maintain records of contacts in participants’ files
- Track attendance of individuals who attend training provided by Center.
- Extract datasets from database as needed for quarterly, annual, and special run reports and mailing lists, including quarterly demographic reports for Casey Family Programs.
- Supervise student and/or hourly employees (if/when they are assigned)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- List of Professional References
- Applicant Certification
- Diversity Response
- DD214 Form