Program Coordinator - Alternate Route Programs
Posting DetailsWorking TitleProgram Coordinator - Alternate Route ProgramsPosting Number2020021CPClassification TitleProgram CoordinatorClassification Code107NRCW Exemption CriteriaNo ExemptionEWU Position NumberC99177CUPA CodeNo MatchFLSANon-ExemptBargaining Unit BU 1% Full Time100Salary / Wage RangeCS - 38Salary Information
The salary range for this position is $3,061 (per month minimum) and up to $3,964.
The hiring salary for the selected candidate will be dependent on skills, experience, and other qualifications relevant to the position.Anticipated Start DatePosition is available nowTerm of Appointment12 months per yearLocationCheney, WACountyWashingtonProject Description
This position is 100% grant funded and will work closely with individual members of the Alternative Route leadership team and other designated parties. Position is funded only through June 30, 2021.
The position will exercise independent judgment in interpreting and applying rules and procedures; will independently advise students, staff, program participants and/or the public regarding program content, policies, procedures and activities; and will select or recommend alternative courses of action.
The position will interact on a daily basis with school district partners, supervisors, cooperating teachers, cross-campus Education faculty, staff, students, Education Department administration, and other departments at EWU and outside entities.Project Duration*Through June 30, 2021*Background CheckYes - BothResponsible HR UserLori LivingstoneResponsible HR User Email [email protected] Summary
Eastern Washington University seeks to fill a full time project position as a Program Coordinator to support our Alternate Route programs in our Department of Education.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and performing work and fulfilling functions related to the Alternate Route Programs. Position will have extensive contact with program participants, and will perform budget and fiscal tasks related to the program.
Position reports to the Director of the Alternative Route program, and will work closely with individual members of the Alternative Route leadership team and other designated parties.
Position will exercise independent judgment in interpreting and applying rules and procedures; will independently advise students, staff, program participants and/or the public regarding program content, policies, procedures and activities; and will select or recommend alternative courses of action
The Program Coordinator will interact on a daily basis with school district partners, supervisors, cooperating teachers, cross-campus Education faculty, staff, students, Education Department administration, and other departments at EWU and outside entities.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment
This project classified position has an expected end date of June 30, 2021. If funding is available beyond this date the position may be extended.
The candidate hired for this position must have a valid Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for occasional local travel to meetings as needed. Travel involving a personal vehicle is reimbursed at the state approved rate.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.Physical Demands
Essential Functions Analysis forms (“EFA”) describe the physical and mental demands associated with our positions. You may access this document at the link provided below:
EFA for Program Coordinator – Alternate Route Programs
None AnticipatedRequired Qualifications
- High school graduation or equivalent is required; college degree is preferred.
- At least two years’ experience which includes responsibility for coordinating and fulfilling tasks related to program operations; to be considered qualifying, experience must be beyond entry level tasks, and include the requirement to use specialized knowledge to perform work functions
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, develop, oversee, organize, implement, evaluate outcomes and modify tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Superior interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is sensitive to the needs of the students, faculty, administrators and our P-12 partners as well as the requirements of the program, Eastern and the State of Washington
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong working relationships both within and external to the organization
- Demonstrated competency in computer skills including utilization of MS Office applications for word processing, records maintenance, development and use of forms, and calendar applications, with a willingness to learn platforms and applications as they emerge;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for occasional local travel to meetings as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Work experience involving one or more of the following: higher education, student services, and/or P-12 education
- Degree in Education
- Supervisory experience
- Microsoft Office experience, particularly Excel experience in macros, pivot tables, and formulas
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
Typically 8am-5pm, but may be required to work evenings and/or weekends to fulfill special projects.Posting Date10/12/2020Open Until Further NoticeNoClosing DateScreening to Begin10/20/2020Special Instructions to Applicants
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process. Submit your application materials through our online applications portal located here: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381. All materials will be held in the strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
Required documentation includes all of the items listed below:
- Cover letter: please describe how you meet each of the required and preferred qualifications
- Resume to include work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position
- List of at least 3 professional references including names, title, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and their connection to you
- Applicant Certification – please download the Certification form (link is provided in the next field); then complete and sign the form, and upload it to this link.
- Additionally, as an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. You will be asked to respond to this prompt as part of the online application process: Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants for employment at any Washington State institution of higher education, are required to provide a signed statement verifying information about their history of prior sexual misconduct and providing authorization for current and previous employers to disclose relevant records to Eastern Washington University.
All applicants are required to download the statement linked below, complete and sign it, and then attach the signed statement as part of their job application: Required Applicant Certification.
Attach the completed and signed certification to the document link called Applicant Certification.
Alternate Route: Plan, coordinate, and fulfill functions related to the program
- Serve as liaison between Education Department and school district and cross-campus partners
- Assess components of program at the direction of and in consultation with the leadership team
- Develop courses of action to carry out program activities
- Provide consultation to program participants and outside entities regarding functions of the program
- Interpret, review and apply program specific policies, procedures and regulations
- Program application processing
- Website maintenance
- Coordinate communication with internal and external stakeholders and constituents
- Coordinate Alternate Route program purchasing, MOUs, budgets, and travel with Fiscal Specialist
- Trouble-shoot day-to-day field placements as needed
- Coordinate and monitor FBI fingerprint and WA State Patrol clearances for program
- Manage Teacher Development Plans (portfolios and competencies)
- Other program duties as assigned and as needed by the department
- Serve as the first point of contact for students during the Alternate Route program
- Provide occasional advising to Alternate Route students on department, college, and university requirements and career opportunities (faculty are designated as primary advisors)
- Consult with students, demonstrating a culturally responsive and flexible approach, and listen to assist students to identify problems
- Make recommendations to resolve problems within scope of position and requirements of the program, EWU and the State, or refer the student to appropriate EWU personnel or other resource
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- List of Professional References
- Applicant Certification
- Diversity Response
- DD214 Form